Can this happen?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think of one that came back as an alumni corps, went parade corps and then went to comp corps. They also made finals as a senior corps, which might make them the only one to make VFW, AL, DCI and DCA finals. :rolleyes:

Several "Nationals" titles too! :rolleyes:

WWBD! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how happy alumni of the original Chicago Royal Airs were when the Royal Airs junior corps started up in suburban Chicago in 1975. Their highest score in 1976 was 15.50 and their highest score in 1977 was 16.20. And in their final season of 1978 their highest score was 15.45.

I'm sure many alumni thought it best to just remember the legacy of the original corps, instead of coming out with an ill-prepared junior (possibly led by well-intending alumni of the original corps) that may have tarnished the Royal Air name just a bit.

I guess it's also possible that the 1970s version had absolutely NOTHING to do with the original, which would really be a sad situation of trying to cash in on a famous name.

Edited by Northern Thunder

As nice as this sounds...it wouldn't be the same. VK finally came back but they are not what they were. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have them back but it's like watching Bridgemen in the 70's and then seeing them in 1982 doing Chrismas in July....SAD!

Christmas in July was 1985, and it was the same corps (in terms of continuity) that existed in the '70s.

Christmas in July was 1985, and it was the same corps (in terms of continuity) that existed in the '70s.

I enjoyed watching that show-- Yes-- it wasn't as good as some previous efforts over the years by the Bridgemen, but I do remember seeing it fondly and I'd like to watch it again, which is more than I can say about many things I've seen on the field over the years.

No

WWBD! :tongue:

RIGHT!

Apparently the 27th Lancers are alive and well. In Makati City in the Phillipines.