DCPI XIV Season Discussion

excited to see how THE KNIGHTS can do tonight in Frankfurt! We have worked hard on a few adjustments to the show over the last few days including a new ending--we really hope it pays off!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big BIG Bash in Austin tonight too! (I forgot to look at the overseas show...)

I am a bit excited to see the scores - my young Lions have been doing rather well in 2 of the 3 caption sets, but getting slaughtered in the visuals.

Ah well, still slowly climbing the ladder :thumbdown:

Edited by Tin Guardian

Tonight's theme: BIG shows! Seating at these two events will total over 150,000 combined, possibly one of the highest attendance marks for a DCPI show day.

Our second time around to Austin TX takes us once again to Royal Stadium, with its 6-figure seating capacity:

AustinTXDarrellKRoyalStadium100000.jpg

Overseas, Frankfurt Germany's Commerzbank Arena plays host to a smaller, but no less significant event:

FrankfurtGermanyCommerzbankArena60000.jpg

And a "Rilly Big Shew" it was!!

The Lions were able to add a couple more pelts from 'corps we had not yet beat' to our collection! Previously we've bombed in all the big shows we've attended, but snagged ourselves a very hard fought 4th place in Austin.

(2nd GE; 29th Visual; 1st Music) Wooties! Hellfire, I am very proud of these kids!

The Knights seemed to get really turned up last night as Germany came out strong to see the defending champions! that with recent changes were enough to boost them into a tie with Minnesota Madness who has been having an impressive European tour! Drummajor Thad O Hawtness said that he was thrilled to see some of his German family come to the show and so glad the Knights are stepping it up right before CLASS Championship where a battle for the Knight Sword is in FULL impact! They were also thrilled to see LBC and CCR take their Golds!

The NMP is taking a hit right now. Groups did not have good runs while in TX and have allowed themselves to slip down in the rankings. If this past weekend jeopardizes any of the groups chances to perform in the Masters show on Friday, heads will roll.

Edited by ced3905

We're back after a long weekend, with Monday's Daily Digest:

In Europe, corps move into the Low Country with a visit to The Hague. The recently-christened ADO Stadion is the epitome of the "new" Euro-stadium: Fair-sized seating capacity without being overwhelming and all-around seating to provide views from every angle:

TheHagueNetherlandsADOStadion15000.jpg

Back in the US, two events today. First one at Little Rock Central HS due to the smaller lineup, while the other takes place at Rice Stadium in Houston. This place has undergone some "shrinkage" in recent years as several sections have been permanently tarped off:

LittleRockARCentralHS8000.jpg

HoustonTXRiceStadium50000.jpg

Daily digest for Tuesday:

The tour of the southeast US continues with 2 shows, one in Collierville TN, proudly hosted by the Tennessee Nipples Alumni group and the second being the long-overdue return of DCPI Red Stick Thunder at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge LA!

ColliervilleTNColliervilleHS3000.jpg

BatonRougeLALSUTigerStadium90000.jpg

And in Europe, corps visit a smaller ground known for hosting some DCE events in the past at Guildensport Stadion in Kortrijk, Belgium:

KortrijkBelgiumGuildensportstadion9.jpg

Ouch... :satisfied:

Close scores in Houston last night. Quiksilver missed the tie for 1st by .1, Mercury missed 1st by .19, and Hg missed 1st by .02. :blink:

WOW!! What a show in Houston last night! Spectacular performances across the board, tight scores by all, and only 0.1 away from a three-way tie for first! Simply amazing - and I hear the performances overseas have been superb! I'm using up my daily allotment of exclaimation marks!!

The Crimson Lions are sincerely proud to share the evenings spotlight with Purple Mountain Majesty and Quiksilver, an incredible night of music :satisfied:

Tried to let the kids sleep in a bit today, but they were all still too excited for sleep and eager to get back to work this morn. No show for us tonight, so a couple hours of work and a nice leisurely ride to Bowling Green is our reward, hehe!