DCPI XIV Season Discussion

Sure, become the fourth Knights organization of CLASS and become an afterthought, or become the ONLY Knights organization of FANFARE. Seems like an easy choice to me. :tongue:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, become the fourth Knights organization of CLASS and become an afterthought, or become the ONLY Knights organization of FANFARE. Seems like an easy choice to me. :tongue:

we don't have afterthoughts at CLASS--we have CHAMPIONS!!!

What a squeaker at the Class A competition in Rockmart! Love seeing close competition like that- especially when my corps is the one on top. :unhappy:

1.0 is the difference between 1st and 16th right now.

This is going to get crazy tight. :unhappy:

both CLASS and FANFARE had another corps break 90 at the same time so....draw---for now, on that challenge...a THREE WAY TIE in Paris??? these judges....congrats Star of Jupiter and Knights of Power

Coming off a big weekend, we're heading toward our last focus show week of the year before DCPI championships in Indy. We've got 3 shows this week as we start to wind our way out of the south.

We return to our split-venue format in Cullowhee NC, but this time with a twist. This time, Open and A class corps get to perform on the big stage at Western Carolina U's Catamount Stadium, while World class corps head to Tuscola HS in nearby Waynesville- still one of the top high school venues in western NC:

CullowheeNCWhitmireStadium15000.jpg

WaynesvilleNCTuscolaHS6000.jpg

Further north in Richmond KY, corps compete at EKU's Roy Kidd Stadium, where the stands are at such a steep angle that views from the top level are like watching the show from a hot air balloon hovering over the stadium:

RichmondKYRoyKiddStadium25000.jpg

And in Europe, corps head to the UK for the last week of the Global championship. Up first- Cross' "Home away from Home" show in Glasgow Scotland's Celtic Park (scheduled to return to Aberdeen next season, and to be joined by another Scottish show!):

GlasgowSCOCelticPark60000.jpg

Looking forward to that Kentucky show. Our groups are starting to get serious and are getting ready to surprise some people as work our way home to Ann Arbor and then on to Indianapolis.

Good luck everyone.

1.0 is the difference between 1st and 16th right now.

This is going to get crazy tight. :blink:

This is amazingly tight! Unsure if this is common or unusual at this point of the season, but I sure am jazzed!

I bumped the State Championship thread the other day because some of those looked to be pretty tight (I'm lookin' at WI in particular).

I had no idea the top 16 were as close as they are until you pointed it out.

This has the potential to be one spectacular finish! :tongue:

This is amazingly tight! Unsure if this is common or unusual at this point of the season, but I sure am jazzed!

I bumped the State Championship thread the other day because some of those looked to be pretty tight (I'm lookin' at WI in particular).

I had no idea the top 16 were as close as they are until you pointed it out.

This has the potential to be one spectacular finish! :blink:

Not sure about this point in the season, but finals have always been close. Here are the differences between 1st and 12th at finals the last few live seasons.

(Only include live seasons because off seasons are a totally different animal)

Season 12 = 1.46 pts

Season 10 = 1.20 pts

Season 8 = 0.524 pts

Season 6 = 0.975 pts

Season 4 = 1.327 pts

Season 2 = 1.281 pts

YOW! Season 8 looks like it was the epitomy of "Thrill of Victory, Agony of Defeat".

Things look on par then, with the potential to rival a season 6 or 8 type finish!

Still over a week away, with no doubt lots of shifting still to come. :blink:

Skyrocketing Scores! Massive Ticket Sales! Sold Out Souveniers! Ecstatic Crowds! Flying Babies!