DCPI XIV Season Discussion

Thanks for telling me your captions :tongue:

Yeah, have fun using that info for the next five days. :tongue:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I too thought 'Regionals' meant corps would compete against other corps from that region - wasn't that way though. Honestly, it's not a problem, it's all for fun and once I realized my error it was all good again. hehe!

That is the way it was intended..... but was voted down by the member corps.

Ok, I'm home from vacation, my computer's back online, so the Daily's are back!

Monday- the post-regional tour/hangover march towards Minnesota begins and the regional events begin coming together as well.

Two midwest events, one in Carmel HS in Carmel IN and the second at Marietta OH's Don Drumm Field:

CarmelINCarmelHS6500.jpg

MariettaOHDrummField3000.jpg

Additionally, there are separate competions taking place in Rexburg ID's Viking Stadium and Wichita Falls TX's Memorial Stadium, a perennial favorite for corps coming out of the south region:

RexburgIDVikingStadium6000.jpg

WichitaFallsTXMemorialStadium140-1.jpg

Tuesday:

2 very popular Midwest shows in Evansville IN and Oswego IL, in their traditional venues at the Reitz Bowl and Pickerill Stadium respectively:

EvansvilleINReitzHS10000-2.jpg

OswegoILKenPickerillStadium4000.jpg

Corps continue their "Southwest Preview Tour", visiting Broken Arrow HS in Broken Arrow OK:

BrokenArrowOKBAHS9000.jpg

Texas Zephyrs debuted an extensively-revised guard book last night, and it definitely helped, pushing us into the top two overall (improved blend between brass and percussion helped, as well).

Hopefully the new stuff will continue to get better, and we can avoid needing to make the Finals-week push we had last year.

The Avengers put in some very extensive changes after the New Orleans regional which resulted in a first place finish in Wichita Falls as well as catapulted us to the top of the WC Rankings!!!! The SunArts Org is very proud of the corps hard work and we hope to carry this momentum through the rest of the season.

Daily Digest for 7/14:

After thinking we were going to have to reschedule the Columbia MO show to a smaller venue due to the low initial turnout of corps, we will be hosting this event at Faurot Field as intended:

ColumbiaMOFaurotField60000.jpg

For the South Milwaukee WI show, we will again be using a split-venue format due to the sheer number of corps in attendance. World class corps will compete at South Milwaukee HS while Open and A class corps will be at Carroll College's Schneider Stadium in Waukesha:

SouthMilwaukeeWISMHS2500.jpg

MilwaukeeWISchneiderStadium3000.jpg

Meanwhile, the western corps continue their move east, stopping at Ogden UT's Stewart Stadium:

OgdenUTWeberStateStadium16000.jpg

Waiting on recaps from Kansas.... hope its not like the WV show earlier this season