BD Mediabox

Personally, I don't care that BD and Cadets have their own media centers as they are my two least favorite corps, but I do agree with your sentiment.

Most of the stuff on MediaBox (Member Cams, BlueView, ScoJo's Licks, historical) was on the Fan Network. I believe Jeff DeMello spent hours uploading all of that to the FN but now it is completely gone. BD has no "Off the Field" videos on the FN. It is worth noting that Crown, Phantom, Bluecoats, and Cavs are still uploading to the FN.

Is it just me or is there a lot less content from all the corps on FN to this point this year? (and a lot of what is there seems to be free so far).

I'll subscribe for the webcasts, but it seems like the 'exclusive content' other than that has been diminishing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Jeff DeMello spent hours uploading all of that to the FN ...

Thanks for remembering! :satisfied:

Yes, most all of the BD historical media has been moved to Mediabox. There are still a hundred or so MORE historical videos that I'm still working on for upload into Mediabox ... we didn't want to hold up the release until they are done. So, keep an eye out for new material, as it will always be coming!

(BTW, I'll be doing the high cam for the Standford (live streaming and Video on Demand) as well as the Walnut (Video on Demand only) shows ... I hope you enjoy!)

Personally, I think the musical book could be one of Wayne's finest in a number of years and I think it has all the necessities to be one of the all-time BD favorites. For me, the basic emotional aspect of a show is nice, but it is perhaps one of the easiest to grasp and most shallow in terms of depth. Not that emotion is shallow, but in terms of the average fan relating to it, yes.

BD has also rarely been the type of hornline that give you a Phantom or Crown moment, but in their own right, they do what they do best. I think when it's all said and done, you may find some deep emotion in the show that is not present at the surface upon one or two listenings. If you take some time to study up on Stan Kenton and begin to learn about the depth of his music and the way he always pushed the envelope with his eclectic group of ensembles and instrumentation, its very deep musically and spiritually.

While we all love a long, loud Concert Eb chord in root positon, try listening a little deeper and give the show a chance as the season progresses. It's likely already changed a ton since this recording and I think when it's said and done, is going to be an epic brass line and program for the Blue Devils in 2010!

PS. Plus the visual aspect will certainly enhance and drive some of the musical presentation, per usual for BD. :satisfied:

My .02 cents... :blink:

Perhaps I am judging this show prematurely... I'm not as musically trained as most people on here so it's a little bit tough for me to initially appreciate something that is quite different than what I am used to. After listening to clips 2-4, I still feel the same way... it's hard for me to get used to the musical style, but as always with drum corps, I would need to see everything, including visual, to really know how I feel. Personally, I am just hoping for some superduper awesome symmetric drill.

Symmetry FTW!

Most of the stuff on MediaBox (Member Cams, BlueView, ScoJo's Licks, historical) was on the Fan Network. I believe Jeff DeMello spent hours uploading all of that to the FN but now it is completely gone. BD has no "Off the Field" videos on the FN.

In other words, BD is now competing against the DCI Fan Network instead of working with it. The phrase "conflict of interest" once again comes to mind.

It is worth noting that Crown, Phantom, Bluecoats, and Cavs are still uploading to the FN.

Yes, that is worth noting.

So . . .if this is the repository of all things BD, how about some Concord Pavilion recordings from the late 80's/early 90's? :satisfied:

What's we got, we got. I spent 2 years categorizing, digitizing and fixing up ALL of the historical videos that were in the hall. And everything that was in BDs possession is, or soon will be (I've got about 100 more videos to convert to new site), up on Mediabox.

We do take contributions ... so if you have anything, please let me know, and I'll digitize, compress, and put up on Mediabox!

As an aside ... a special thanks to Rene Conway and to Shawn McBride for their recent contributions!!!!!

In other words, BD is now competing against the DCI Fan Network instead of working with it. The phrase "conflict of interest" once again comes to mind.

Actually, there is no conflict of interest.

DCI puts up material they want to make available (Including BD shows, BTW) to DCI fans ... Blue Devils puts up the material that they want to make available to BD fans. There is no conflict, and very little overlap of materials.