Allentown Arena

Agreed. Cavies second run was much more stronger. Crown was just loud and had difficult music and great projection, another great Crown guard.....that uniform is absolutely terrible, ugly, gruesome, yuk....a major step back in their long line of good looks.

Cadets were fun! Enjoyable, easy on the eye and ear, great guard...loved the show. Cavaliers seemed the most unprepared but seemed to have some more in terms of dificulty. Guard uniforms are strange but appealing. Didnt finish the show........

Crowd was, umm..non-existent. Smallest crowd I ever saw in that stadium, one of the smallest crowds ever.......not even a hundred folks when the show started.

G

I knew the scores were gonna be right as I predicted.....I expected Cavies to be stronger, Cadets/Crown can go back and forth all season.

will people check the lot for g7 shows?

I think the crowd size was partly due to it being the first show of the season and only having three corps. Seems like there isn't usually a show in a stadium as big as J. Birney Crum until mid season so it was probably a fairly reasonable crowd had it been at a more usual sized early season stadium.

I think the crowd size was partly due to it being the first show of the season and only having three corps. Seems like there isn't usually a show in a stadium as big as J. Birney Crum until mid season so it was probably a fairly reasonable crowd had it been at a more usual sized early season stadium.

Im guessing line-up as the major factor. 2003 had a show here in June and it was triple the crowd size......

G

I call BS that any corps would score higher on their 2nd run, especially at this stage in the season.

They had a *much* better run the 2nd time (visually and musically). There were some phasing issues in the 1st run that I hadn't heard earlier at practice. I'm surprised their score didn't jump a bit more (just based on the elimination of those obvious ensemble errors).

Agreed. Put that crowd in a HS stadium (like most early season shows) and it was quite reasonable.

I call BS that any corps would score higher on their 2nd run, especially at this stage in the season.

You understand that scoring incorporates how performers perform *right then*, right?

It is *entirely* conceivable that a corps can have a "bad run" and then a "better run", based on the fact that we are human beings.

Marcher A cracks a note in run one, nails it on run two. Marcher B misses a step-off, gets it in run two. Conversely the reverse is also possible.

These kids are not robots, and the scoring system is set up to judge not just CONTENT but EXECUTION.

PLEASE POST REVIEWS!

If you get a chance. :)

I will try to tomorrow. Here's the quickie version:

Cavies: I really liked this show(first time since machine). They seem to have shaken off some that "staleness". They were just very dirty (music and vis) compared to the other two corps. I think they will be adding much more madness to the show. Right now it's a little bit like an NRA commercial -- lots of gun love :) The hornline rifle feature is cool and it was nice to see the Cavies have some fun with it.

Cadets: A very fun presentation. Dialed back a bit on the drill demand and added some role-playing body movement instead. Also many more contrasts musically compared to last season. Guard doing some crazy stuff with shakos on -- not sure how they were spotting some of those tosses. I'm a little worried that the"cute" might get a little tiresome. But I'm sure in two weeks the entire show will be rewritten. Ending a obviously a band aid.

Crown: Ok I won't gush. But holy crap:) I was *not* a huge fan of nimrod based on the mp3s / camps. The version on the field changed my mind entirely. Every thing is very solid for a first show of the season. Nice to see things going around together already in the guard. Danzon is a blast. I honestly thought the margin might be just a bit wider. Crown is clearly ahead of the other two C's in the "getting the show on the field" category. Things are flowing together nicely and just moving right along. Cream team is off to a great start.

Uniforms:

Cavies changs are *very* nice.

While I was a little unsettled by the pic posted last week, the uniform actually reads pretty nicely on the field Same deal with the guard uniform -- very nice from stands. No "god that's ugly" from all the Cadet-borg surrounding me :) (In fact the only grumbling I heard was about the pre-recorded preshows from Cadets / Cavies. )

Summary:

Gonna like all of these shows :) In my opinion each corps offering this year is superior to last years.