Worst Uniforms in drum corps history

And then there was the Odyssey Drum & Bugle Corps from Middlesex County, MA.

They wore what appeared to be aluminum foil-like coats that apparently acted like real aluminum foil and heated up to an unbearable temperature. (Kind of like foil-wrapped baked potatoes.)

Odyssey was only on the field in 1978, probably because all the members baked to death.

Edited by Northern Thunder

You forgot a design that had the tunic hide the cummerbund, and a fake cross-belt that kept coming off.

The stripes were supposed to reflect the puppet strings...remember the book cover illustration and the last drill form?

Although I agree that the stripes served no real purpose past the 06 show....there might be a construction issue that is making them retain the stripes for the moment.

These were very similar to one of the first Cesarios from years back, as I recall...some time in the early 90s. My original Nightfire uni design was this exact same one, but with the colors being (bottom to top) red, orange, yellow. Left main corps, right DM. I did this around 95, I think. I'll admit I had never thought about the issue with the white part....might be one reason it hadn't been used before.

Nightfirejpg.jpg

There is something about the stripes I actuall quite like....

There is something about the stripes I actuall quite like....

Not so sure if it works in blue...too close to the varied green Madison used...probably one reason the red/orange/yellow works a little better.

Nightfireblue.jpg

This is the current En Garde design...based off a fencing jacket...and yes, I'm aware of the Suncoast vibe....not a bad thing, actually. DM is in all white (black gauntlets, tho)

EnGardeuni2.jpg

1993 Santa Clara Vanguard

SCV, famous for their every-year-a-new-look uniforms, combined the 1991 Miss Saigon jacket pattern with the red/yellow/black color scheme they were adding for 1993. In addition to winning "worst drum finish ever" (yellow hardware, black shells), these uniforms... simply didn't work. White shoes didn't help the issue.

93%20SCV%20Snare%20Line.jpg

Ooooh yeah that was bad. Pus yellow everywhere. I can't believe that Gail would have let that one get by had he been around.

Does anyone have a picture of Glassmen 1993? I'd love to see it for myself.

Earlier in this thread:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...36641&st=40

Post #50 (Lance's)...1st pic is the God-awful mod-80s....the bottom one is 92-93...the "Spaceman Spiff" years.

Oh lord. I didn't even know that was Glassmen.

1980 Oakland Crusaders (I can say this because I wore it):

1980%20Oakland%20Crusaders.jpg