Wildwood

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like a lot of room for hurcs, empire & mbi between bucs and cabs. maybe even somebody else.

I think you hit it right on the head Don with this. There are many other groups that could fall in here as well as allowing Cabs and Bucs to be moved. It should all level out once everyone is out of the gates. I was not at Wildwood, but I did see Bucs at their friends and Family day and the 80 is high for anyone. They still have many things that need worked on, filled in, tweeked, changed etc as I'm sure everyone else does at this point in the season.

When the scores start out high at the bottom it really doesnt give much room when the shows are continuously being developed and getting better to reward them in the end. The results..... you become stagnant in score towards the end and work your butt off all day for an extra .10 or two. I guess as long as the placement for the day is agreed its all good.

Bridgeport is going to be intersting.

looks like a lot of room for hurcs, empire & mbi between bucs and cabs. maybe even somebody else.

Hi Donny;

Don't jump to judgement too quickly this year. There is a lot of Spanish Heart in the Cabs 2010 show. :tongue:

Hi Donny;

Don't jump to judgement too quickly this year. There is a lot of Spanish Heart in the Cabs 2010 show. :tongue:

oh i know. there will be a big battle. i just meant there is a lot of room between them. a real high score from bucs. it should close up as the season wears on. should be exciting! :smile:

I think they are comming to bridgebort next week. I look foward to seeing them.

Same corps will be in Bridgport plus Hurcs and Carolina Gold.

Does anyone have any pics of the show?

An 80 out of the gate is ridiculous IMO. Same as their "perfect" percussion score at finals last year. I wasn't at the show, but from what I hear from numerous sources is that the 5 point spread isn't justified at all.

An 80 out of the gate is ridiculous IMO. Same as their "perfect" percussion score at finals last year. I wasn't at the show, but from what I hear from numerous sources is that the 5 point spread isn't justified at all.

bias always comes into play. this is not new. if you weren't there then you really don't know. hearing from other people dosen't cut it. you have to see for yourself. bucs may very well be much more advanced with their show then the others at this point. the question is.........will they have enough room to increase their score enough to win in the end. others may catch up and maybe not. in 1976 the same thing happened. cabs blew it out at the 1st show and even though they lost a couple shows by DCA they won every caption and were 6 points ahead of 2nd place. lets see how this plays out. it should be very interesting.