FirstBEAT "Pink Out"

Posted previously about Teal Sound and Spirit...

Just got home, first off, my impression of Cavaliers, Cadets and Crown is this :tongue:

Now on to more specifics, Cavaliers show is right up my alley taste wise, dark, slightly weird, and that rifle thing during the battery feature is just awesome! They've got some dirt, both musically and visually, but this program is gonna be killer when it's cleaned up. Cadets have a lot of demand going on musically and visually and judging by reports from the past couple of days have cleaned quite a bit just in the past 24 hours. Lots of neat visual stuff tying into the music with toy soldier movements, sound effects, etc. Not really my cup of tea as a show goes, as its a bit on the campy side, but I have nothing negative to say about the material or what they can potentially do with it. Crown stood up to what everyone has been saying, great, lush horn sound, some crazy difficult sections with the horns using some big field coverage, even some high volume sections where the hornline was very spread out and still achieving volume and clarity. I'm not a guard or percussion guy, but all three groups seemed to be doing well in these departments. Cavies red flag with screaming face reveal at the beginning of the show is very cool, Cadets guard is hidden in amongst the rest of the corps at the beginning which makes for a really cool start. That's about all I can comment on in the percussion and guard area, I just know a lot more about brass and marching. Can't wait for Fan Network to get these shows up so I can absorb some more details, its hard to take it all in on a first viewing. I think this is gonna be a great season, can't wait to see how things start to go once we get to the first regional! I haven't been this excited about this many different corps in quite a few years. Take care all and good night.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to cadets for closing the gap. apparently they have cleaned a few things in practice. both corps, at least in this stage of the season, seem to be running off from the cavies. anxious to see crowns show again after they redo their ending and put the other one on the field. but again congrats to crown for another win and an incredibly hott start to the season as well the cadets.

Yeah, I was over at the Troopers message board earlier today and they are doing the same stuff. Even thought they have performed the show in public, (in uniform), twice in the last three days. No secret squirrel pics until after the 22nd? Go figure. (shrug)

Blue Stars site talks about them having some performances this weekend too, but not a picture to be seen. A friend of a friend said he saw them and it is quite a change, but fits their show.

Oh and since so many are curious, Spirit's new uniform is pretty cool. Black pants with a single, thick gray stripe down one side, jackets are black, blue and gray in jagged shapes across the front with a small Spirit Delta on the chest. I know that's not a great description, but its all I got...

Posted previously about Teal Sound and Spirit...

Just got home, first off, my impression of Cavaliers, Cadets and Crown is this :tongue:

Now on to more specifics, Cavaliers show is right up my alley taste wise, dark, slightly weird, and that rifle thing during the battery feature is just awesome! They've got some dirt, both musically and visually, but this program is gonna be killer when it's cleaned up. Cadets have a lot of demand going on musically and visually and judging by reports from the past couple of days have cleaned quite a bit just in the past 24 hours. Lots of neat visual stuff tying into the music with toy soldier movements, sound effects, etc. Not really my cup of tea as a show goes, as its a bit on the campy side, but I have nothing negative to say about the material or what they can potentially do with it. Crown stood up to what everyone has been saying, great, lush horn sound, some crazy difficult sections with the horns using some big field coverage, even some high volume sections where the hornline was very spread out and still achieving volume and clarity. I'm not a guard or percussion guy, but all three groups seemed to be doing well in these departments. Cavies red flag with screaming face reveal at the beginning of the show is very cool, Cadets guard is hidden in amongst the rest of the corps at the beginning which makes for a really cool start. That's about all I can comment on in the percussion and guard area, I just know a lot more about brass and marching. Can't wait for Fan Network to get these shows up so I can absorb some more details, its hard to take it all in on a first viewing. I think this is gonna be a great season, can't wait to see how things start to go once we get to the first regional! I haven't been this excited about this many different corps in quite a few years. Take care all and good night.

thanks for the review, some great descriptions in there

i must have misinterpreted that post....it says posted previously ABOUT Teal Sound and Spirit............but it only talked about C3

Oh and since so many are curious, Spirit's new uniform is pretty cool. Black pants with a single, thick gray stripe down one side, jackets are black, blue and gray in jagged shapes across the front with a small Spirit Delta on the chest. I know that's not a great description, but its all I got...

I really didn't care for Spirit's uniform other than the pants. I love pants with stripes.

I really didn't care for Spirit's uniform other than the pants. I love pants with stripes.

AHHH

So they have striped pants! Interesting....very interesting...