Madisons Nail

actually, it's "MYNSA" May You Never Splooie Alone.

Vence,

Don't tell all of our ..................... :devil: LOL

New members are given a nail by an alum. I have 2 nails now. One of the guy's marched Euph. in SCV for 5 years and always wanted to be a Scout, so he marched his age out year with us. (2008). He told me his Dad was very excited he did it.

Bill

Edited by Bill L.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, it's "MYNSA" May You Never Splooie Alone.

This is too funny.......

That is if Spoolie means what I think it means.....lol

I think you nailed it.

I see what you did there.

Why do the members wear nails?

The tradition of the Madison Scouts wearing a masonry nail started back in 2005, where members were given a NAIL (Never Alone In Life) with an alum's name that he represented. In 2008, the corps got many alumni to support the program, and have made it a way for alumni to connect with younger brothers.

lol to everything, especially the 2nd post.

the nail tradition started in 05, and they are a symbol for the acronym "never alone in life". it's a way to help the current members to get in touch with their past. when a new member is given his nail by a vet, he also receives the short history of a notable alumnus. the alumnus may be back from when the corps started, or as recent as the mid-2000s, but he was certainly the embodiment of what it means to be a Madison Scout.

fyi, my nail is Ray Baumgart. he worked with Madison in the pre-dci years. he arranged the current version of "May You Never Walk Alone" that the men still play today. unfortunately he has passed away so i'll never get to speak with him, but may of the guys' nails are still alive and in regular contact with them. as for myself, every time i hear the corps play MYNWA i feel a little something extra.

the '10 corps first show is tonight and i'd give anything to be there just before step-off when they start singing. DO IT UP MADISON!!! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!

If Madison Scouts ever yell SPLOOIE, the end of the world will be near :devil:

We did, all in fun, before a final run.... Horns then played "MARS" (?)... Anyone re call?? I do..

:devil:

I got a letter from the horn kid with my nail,,

Edited by Cop

(We did in 88 before a final run.... Horns then played "MARS" (?)... Anyone re call??)

:devil:

I have absolutely no memory of that, but I'll freely admit that I probably blocked it for sanity's sake.

BTW, I did not know about the nail thing. Great idea.

FWIW*** Ray is being inducted to the DCI hall of fame this year. I understand there is to be a ceremony at drums on.

lol to everything, especially the 2nd post.

the nail tradition started in 05, and they are a symbol for the acronym "never alone in life". it's a way to help the current members to get in touch with their past. when a new member is given his nail by a vet, he also receives the short history of a notable alumnus. the alumnus may be back from when the corps started, or as recent as the mid-2000s, but he was certainly the embodiment of what it means to be a Madison Scout.

fyi, my nail is Ray Baumgart. he worked with Madison in the pre-dci years. he arranged the current version of "May You Never Walk Alone" that the men still play today. unfortunately he has passed away so i'll never get to speak with him, but may of the guys' nails are still alive and in regular contact with them. as for myself, every time i hear the corps play MYNWA i feel a little something extra.

the '10 corps first show is tonight and i'd give anything to be there just before step-off when they start singing. DO IT UP MADISON!!! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!