How is the corps?

Momentum is on their side!

Many changes to the show planned?

Let's go Boston!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should know my corps history....ESPECIALLY a corps a marched with...but I'm a little lacking on a few things.

Firstly, can someone tell me how "Conquest" for the corps originated? The only thing that I know is it was from "Captain from Castile" music, but don't know much more about the original roots. How did it evolved as the corps identity etc. Maybe I've just forgotten over the years...That is sad!...lol

Secondly I was also wondering when the corps very first sang "Giant" and where that originated from. I think it was a 1950's movie, but I'm really vague in memory on any of the details.

Good luck BAC in quarters and break 92 baby! I'm on my way to theater now. Need to beat traffic...LOL

Believe Giant came from the movie of the same name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_(film) Can not provide an actual time frame when the corps used Giant as the music for the corps song. I know it was in place in 63.

Also, here are the corps that have played Conquest, with BAC first playing it in 69. It may have become the corps signature song as the corps continued to play it and had some lean years in the 70's.

Good luck tonight BOSTON!

Thanks for a great year!

Despite the scores this is one of the best Boston Corps ever!

Believe Giant came from the movie of the same name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_(film) Can not provide an actual time frame when the corps used Giant as the music for the corps song. I know it was in place in 63.

Also, here are the corps that have played Conquest, with BAC first playing it in 69. It may have become the corps signature song as the corps continued to play it and had some lean years in the 70's.

Thanks for the history lesson ghost. I guess you can be positive after all...lol

Good luck tonight BOSTON!

Thanks for a great year!

Despite the scores this is one of the best Boston Corps ever!

I'm just ignoring the scores at this point. My discerning eyes/ears says they are definitely Box 5. I have no doubt about that whatsoever. I also think this years show is one of the most underrated shows out there IMO.

Good luck tonight BAC!

12 time 12 time 12 time Finalist! :lookaround:

I'm just ignoring the scores at this point. My discerning eyes/ears says they are definitely Box 5. I have no doubt about that whatsoever. I also think this years show is one of the most underrated shows out there IMO.

Good luck tonight BAC!

12 time 12 time 12 time Finalist! :lookaround:

Completely agree.

I just wished they played more of Conquest as they discussed they might do for finals. Not sure why they did not play more of it as imo it would have made their ending that much better.

Look forward to next year. I thought their brass line and drum line grew so much this year. Next year could be extra special. My understanding is they have alot of young members.

Also,Liahona a TY to you as well for all your great posts during the season. I have enjoyed them very much. You are one of the more credible posters out here.