Boston Crusaders 2010

2010 Things we can control:

Launching a new business - Mass Bay Music Festivals

First Crusader Classic South Golf Tournament

Extended stay in Quincy - fun time with Alumni and friends!

Winner of $20k from Chase!

Winner of the first ever Old School Challenge!

Presenting a program that personifies the Crusaders!

70 years in business!

Eat Em' Up Boston!

Edited by SuperSaderFan

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Boston and a shout out to the Madison supporters also! A great fund raising idea. On that note, I try to take all scores given out by DCI with a grain of salt, as I have for the past 35 years. As a former member of the Crusaders, staff member and supporter, I repeat myself when I say that the Crusader organization has done a tremendous job since the 70's to keep this corps on its feet and still competing. Sadly, many of the corps I competed against are no longer with us, and I hope the corps is around for another 70 years. It gives me great pleasure to attend their functions, shows, and to meet the great kids who come far and wide to wear the red and black with the same pride I had when I wore it. I was talented enough to march in any corps in the country at that time, but I could never leave my family, that is what the corps meant to me. We held it together with smoke and mirrors in those days and it amazes me how great and strong this organization is today. If we had worried about scores, we WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY! Since it is the only game in town, we do have to play by their rules, but we don't live and breath by them. I hope to be posting 10 years from now about how Boston's show is too easy and they shouldn't be placing in the top 3 every year. I can dream, can't I? I once had a dream Boston had 80 horns, so dreams can come true. Please cheer the kids from the Saders on when you see them and give them an EAT EM UP BOSTON for me. Thanks

I am so PROUD of you guys for a great aggressive BAC-esque show in Atlanta....It was awesome!!! Absolutely loved it...

My ONE suggestion if you want to call it that is PLEASE FIX THE HEART...it doesn't look all that great VISUALLY....It also hasn't really gotten much better ALL SEASON...

Please see Phantom 1991 finals at 6:05 for an example of a gorgeous and beautiful heart....or the second one they expand to afterward...

Please don't take this as negative..I just would really like to see this finally fixed

I enjoyed watching the corps last night on the Fan Network and was cheering for you on Facebook. I am looking forward to seeing you live at DCI East. You have a lot to be proud of. Don't worry about the scores (not that you are). Just keep working on shaping the last number. Love the Conquest signatures. I am proud to echo them.

Edited by Geneva

Weather forecast for the show on Friday, Aug 6 Sunshine; less humid 85°F|64°F!

Spread the word and get your tickets today!

says it all.......50 year follower from hyde park, seen it all , still amazed at the quality of individuals and their committment to excellence that the Crusaders

have for 2010........The scores do not reflect the total picture ....Being at fenway Park in 1967 for the american legion and hearing the results that the Cavaliers beat BAC turned me off to the scoring piece , and 40 + years latter not much has changed on that end.......But Boston this year is bigger and better than anything Ive seen since 1963.....Good luck

Wow! That's all I can say. I hadn't heard the song before and I'm sitting here blubbering in front of my computer. Thank you to the alumni, board, staff, volunteers, corp. members the entire Crusaders family!! You all are so awesome!