Charleston, WV

Update: For my show review go to post #570.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...t&p=2812953

+++++++

Official thread for that show on Monday June 21, which btw is a "home" show sponsored by Phantom Regiment. Make predictions, comments here if you want. It's going to be a great show.

+++

Can anybody tell us where any of Cadets, Crown, PR or Bluecoats will be staying or practicing while in WV?

It looks like Phantom will be pulling into Ravenswood, WV (a half hour from me), but after sleeping in on Monday they will be going to practice directly in Charleston, I'm guessing at the show site. That's all I could find.

Edited by wvu80

Crown will be at Princeton Senior HS in Princeton, WV

The last time we were in WV I saw a bear running up a hill nearby and it got shot before ensemble rehearsal.

The last time we were in WV I saw a bear running up a hill nearby and it got shot before ensemble rehearsal.

That bear was flying! And running UP the hill across the street from where Cadets were practicing at Sissonville HS.

I've lived in West Virginia all my life and had never seen a black bear in the wild. Then I went to watch Cadets practice (2009 WSS), I heard a "BANG!" and that bear ran UP a really steep hill maybe a half-mile long.

That's why sometimes practices are more fun than the shows.

At least here in West Virginia. :devil:

Edited by wvu80

it would be nice to acknowledge the other groups that are there.

University of Charleston Stadium - Laidley Field

200 Elizabeth St.

Charleston, WV 25311

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

Glassmen - Toledo, OH

Spirit - Atlanta, GA

Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

it would be nice to acknowledge the other groups that are there.

So acknowledged. Thank you, big pappa. :)

+++

The corps will be performing literally beside the state capitol in Charleston. The corps warm up a couple blocks from the venue and you can see the huge gold dome of the legislature. The dome was designed by the same guy who did the dome at Washington, DC, and it is identical to the one in Madison, if anyone has been there sight seeing while at various DCI nats.

This show is festival seating, so the earlier you arrive the closer to the 50 you can sit. You might also want to know that this show is traditionally under-publicized, so there are plenty of good seats.

Skip work on Monday (and Tuesday since it will run late) so you can see this show. It will be by far the best early season lineup I've ever seen.

Fair enough, but the original poster asked "Can anybody tell us where any of Cadets, Crown, PR or Bluecoats will be staying or practicing while in WV?" He didn't ask about the other corps.

but its the official show topic.

Somebody needs to reign in that Troopers DM.