Charleston, WV

but its the official show topic.

Actually, you are both right.

I was personally wanting to find out where the "big four" were practicing. I send people to watch them to understand how a world class drum corps practices. My favorites have been Cadets and Blue Devils, for the professionalism of the staff and the incredible work ethic of the kids. You can't believe it until you see it.

I also wanted to expand the topic in a more general way, so all the corps can be included in the discussion, and I can brag on what a fantastic place West Virginia is. I'm proud of my home state, and I'm thrilled that Phantom Regiment has adopted this show as their own. I feel like Phantom is MY hometown corps, even though I love them all.

Monday will be a great day for West Virginia.

Just an observation: Did you notice that he only asked about the G7 corps housing and then replied by calling them "the big four"? Maybe just a Freudian type slip; but it does play right into the philosophical thinking of Hopkins. Just sayin...

Edited by Stu

Ok, prediction:

Crown

Cadets

Bluecoats

Phantom

Spirit

Glassmen

Teal Sound

I think Spirit will surprise by beating Glassmen, and PR will be closer to Bluecoats than expected, and Bluecoats closer to Cadets than expected.

Ok, prediction:

Crown

Cadets

Bluecoats

Phantom

Spirit

Glassmen

Teal Sound

I think Spirit will surprise by beating Glassmen, and PR will be closer to Bluecoats than expected, and Bluecoats closer to Cadets than expected.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Teal Sound. I love seeing newer corps early, then watching them grow.

Win or lose, Phantom will do the encore. They are always worth the price of admission.

It will be interesting to see how Glassmen, Phantom and Bluecoats stack up ( being their first show of the season) vs. the "seasoned" corps of Crown, Cadets, Spirit and Teal who have all performed competitively at least once ( spirit/ teal ) and 5x's (Crown and Cadets).

75Crown viewed this 10 times online

72cadets viewed this 10 times online

72bluecoats always strong and hot out the gate

68phantom They have a hard drill that will take em till Aug to work out

67glassmen

60spirit

(?)tealsound

Phantom at Ravenswood High School

Bluecoats at Point Pleasant, WV (home of the Mothman)

Cadets at Bluefield High School

Crown at Princeton High School

(those are all far removed from the contest venue)

Phantom is rehearsing at Laidley Field that day. (via regiment.org)

and they really aren't that far away; Princeton/Bluefield is an hour and a half south Charleston on I-77, Ravenswood is an hour north on I-77. Pt. Pleasant is an hour away on U.S. 35 or I-77.