2010 Rankings

Actually, the only thing that changed was that Class A would not be bumped to Open because of score. The top 10 highest scoring corps get voting rights... regardless. There has just never been a Class A group score high enough to get it. However, if the Class A group scores high enough to be top 10, they still compete for the Class A title. I only remember this because of the heated debate about it when it was originally changed.

Yeah, that's what I thought the case was as well. I couldn't find the old thread to verify though... Bueller?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the only thing that changed was that Class A would not be bumped to Open because of score. The top 10 highest scoring corps get voting rights... regardless. There has just never been a Class A group score high enough to get it. However, if the Class A group scores high enough to be top 10, they still compete for the Class A title. I only remember this because of the heated debate about it when it was originally changed.

I guess I am confused then. I guess we will have to wait for clarification

If it is the 10 highest scores regardless of class, then it could very well happen this year. Grenadiers are scoring right in the thick of things in Open Class. I guess we'll see come finals weekend.

Sorry I did not word that correctly.

If I understand everything correctly here it goes.

The top 10 open class corps will be the voting block. Its my understanding that Kidsgrove is not eligible to be in the voting block,,therefore your top 10 open class voting corps will include the Kilties as a voting member next year.

Its my understanding they changed the rules a couple of years back where Class A corps,,regardless of score were not eligible to become voting member.

I may be off with my facts but that is what I believe to be the facts.

What's the big deal about Kilties? They are currently a voting member. Because Brigs dropped out a while ago.

Every member corps of DCA (in good standing), no matter if Open Class or Class A corps, voting member or associate member, are allowed to submit any rule considerations whatsoever. It's a highly respectful, successful and inclusive process.

They are referring to next year... when the rules congress is... which makes it a bigger year to make Finals. Not that every year isn't a big deal.

If it is the 10 highest scores regardless of class

Never mind.

Move along....nothing to see here.....

Edited by Fran Haring

Every member corps of DCA (in good standing), no matter if Open Class or Class A corps, voting member or associate member, are allowed to submit any rule considerations whatsoever. It's a highly respectful, successful and inclusive process.

I know... but they can't vote on it. That's my point.