2010 Rankings

I don't remember why DCA had corps go on as exhibition in 2003. It may have been part of a new format ruled in, I'm not too sure. I believe Heat Wave and Sunrisers did perform that night, I just don't remember in which order. I would have been in parking lot warm ups by this point.

Actually, Sun and Heat Wave performed as the Class A Prelims Champ and Runner Up...

The "exhibitions" were Hurcs and Sky (forget why exactly; maybe no AL sponsorship? DCAs were also AL Championships in Scranton...)

And I think '03 was the last year of a "Top 12" Finals...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Sun and Heat Wave performed as the Class A Prelims Champ and Runner Up...

The "exhibitions" were Hurcs and Sky (forget why exactly; maybe no AL sponsorship? DCAs were also AL Championships in Scranton...)

And I think '03 was the last year of a "Top 12" Finals...

Of course no AL sponsorship would have made Grennies an Exhibition Corps as well - or did they have one?

Now I have NO idea why Hurcs and Sky exhibited!

Heh...

Of course no AL sponsorship would have made Grennies an Exhibition Corps as well - or did they have one?

Now I have NO idea why Hurcs and Sky exhibited!

Heh...

You wouldn't need AL sponsorship for a DCA sanctioned event. For the AL regional show we had to have AL sponsorship to compete. One year we did, one year we didn't so we were judged exhibition.

simple solution,.................have a tie score anywhere in the prelims line up,...........all 11 get into finals!

now running for cover,...................

Simpler solution.......Just take top ten US/Canada corps and top UK corps to finals.

....since there is an International competitor, and therefore champion, this year, 11 corps advance to finals. There is a possibility that Kidsgrove could finish eleventh in prelims, be crowned Internation Champions (as were Inspires)....... but, unlike Inspires NOT make finals. A champion NOT appear in finals? Why leave open that possibility?

Joe

Actually, I think only a tie for 10th and 11th would result in both corps making finals... If there's even a written rule for that circumstance...

Happened to Kilties and Garfield Cadets at DCI in 1977. 13 corps in the night show.

I don't remember why DCA had corps go on as exhibition in 2003. It may have been part of a new format ruled in, I'm not too sure. I believe Heat Wave and Sunrisers did perform that night, I just don't remember in which order. I would have been in parking lot warm ups by this point.

Heat Wave and Sun were the Class A finalists that year.

I believe only 10 corps were in Finals that night.... the 11th and 12th place corps from Prelims (Hurricanes and Skyliners) appeared in judged exhibition.

For many years (at least since I started working at the show in 1983) DCA had 10 finalists, and the 11th and 12-place corps from Prelims would appear in exhibition, but not be judged.

Why, in 2003, the 11th and 12th place exhibition corps were judged, with their scores announced as being in "judged exhibition".... I don't know.

Well....actually.... I kinda DO know, but I'm not sayin'. :thumbup:

Edited by Fran Haring

Heat Wave and Sun were the Class A finalists that year.

I believe only 10 corps were in Finals that night.... the 11th and 12th place corps from Prelims (Hurricanes and Skyliners) appeared in judged exhibition.

For many years (at least since I started working at the show in 1983) DCA had 10 finalists, and the 11th and 12-place corps from Prelims would appear in exhibition, but not be judged.

Why, in 2003, the 11th and 12th place exhibition corps were judged, with their scores announced as being in "judged exhibition".... I don't know.

Well....actually.... I kinda DO know, but I'm not sayin'. :lol:

aw see now that ain't right..................fran if ya know then fess up. you'll still get your gigs dude..... :thumbup:

Edited by donincardona

aw see now that ain't right..................fran if ya know then fess up. you'll still get your gigs dude..... :thumbup:

LOL again!!!!!

LOL again!!!!!

well at least YOU have a sense of humor...................