2010 Rankings

I could see giving whoever was the 11th placer the opportunity to do an exhibitition this once because of the difference in circumstances, 11 competitors. But if they open the door to make the 11th spot a competition for this one instance, everybody and their brother who is 11th in the future years will point back to 2010 as an example of a change in the rules.

Also wouldn't a change have to be voted on by the members of DCA? Isn't it too late for that at this point, for this year? Or is this something the executive board can make a last minute switcheroony on?? :thumbup:

I don't know ~ I'm asking for a clarification from above.

*Calling Uncle Tom! Calling Uncle Tom to Isle (page) 5 6 for a clean-up!!!*

Edited by LegalEagle50

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see giving whoever was the 11th placer the opportunity to do an exhibitition this once because of the difference in circumstances, 11 competitors. But if they open the door to make the 11th spot a competition for this one instance, everybody and their brother who is 11th in the future years will point back to 2010 as an example of a change in the rules.

Also wouldn't a change have to be voted on by the members of DCA? Isn't it too late for that at this point, for this year? Or is this something the executive board can make a last minute switcheroony on?? :thumbup:

even an exhibition would be great...I think the Kilties were allowed to do that in 1999

simple solution,.................have a tie score anywhere in the prelims line up,...........all 11 get into finals!

now running for cover,...................

simple solution,.................have a tie score anywhere in the prelims line up,...........all 11 get into finals!

now running for cover,...................

Actually, I think only a tie for 10th and 11th would result in both corps making finals... If there's even a written rule for that circumstance...

,..............mid 2000's Kingston Grenadiers comes to mind.............

There was a tie in 2002 between Grenadiers and Corpsvets

2003 was the infamous getting beat by a judged exhibition corps. IIRC, they weren't supposed to announce the score of the corps that beat Grenadiers, but it was announced anyway.

i think an exhibition by the 11th place corps would be a treat for both fans and that corps. whats an extra 15 minutes?

There was a tie in 2002 between Grenadiers and Corpsvets

2003 was the infamous getting beat by a judged exhibition corps. IIRC, they weren't supposed to announce the score of the corps that beat Grenadiers, but it was announced anyway.

help me clear some cobwebs my northern friend,.............why did two corps go on as exhibitions?,...........and did any of the three class A corps go on that night?

help me clear some cobwebs my northern friend,.............why did two corps go on as exhibitions?,...........and did any of the three class A corps go on that night?

I don't remember why DCA had corps go on as exhibition in 2003. It may have been part of a new format ruled in, I'm not too sure. I believe Heat Wave and Sunrisers did perform that night, I just don't remember in which order. I would have been in parking lot warm ups by this point.