The OFFICIAL 2010 Bluecoats Thread

Okay, I just got back from the Akron show a little while ago where I was able to see the Bluecoats in an actual show setting.

Three words:

Was.

Not.

Impressed.

Don't get me wrong, the drumline plays their butts off (I'm a drum guy) and I'm sure the horns and guard are great, etc., but their show does nothing for me. And Asphalt Cocktail is BORING. Sorry.

YOU! You're outta here! What a debbie downer/negative nancy/annoying alliterative.

Okay, I just got back from the Akron show a little while ago where I was able to see the Bluecoats in an actual show setting.

Three words:

Was.

Not.

Impressed.

Don't get me wrong, the drumline plays their butts off (I'm a drum guy) and I'm sure the horns and guard are great, etc., but their show does nothing for me. And Asphalt Cocktail is BORING. Sorry.

Bummer. How disappointing your own corps can't satisfy your drum corps tastes. Must be a sad feeling for you, I'm sure.

As for me, I'm enjoying the heck out of the videos. I'm loving this climb. I'm loving the vibe. Can't wait to see them live. Never been more excited to see a show in my life, honestly. I, luckily, have things to look forward to this year in this corps.

I'm not typically a Bluecoats fanatic, per se, but I freaking LOVE this show!! They are definitely pushing toward one of my favorite shows and corps of the 2010 season!

I don't post here often, not even every year, but...

If you "bleed blue" then STOP BEING OVERLY NEGATIVE TOWARDS THE CORPS. Not that you shouldn't be entitled to your opinion, but the way you are expressing it is a shame to your signature. We all get it, electronics, Bb horns, new sounds; none of which you like, and nothing like it was back in '86.

IMHO - This is the best Bluecoats ever, and they are only going to get better from here.

Dude, you need to get a clue. First, show me where I'm being "OVERLY NEGATIVE TOWARDS THE CORPS". And second, where did I EVER write ANYTHING about "electronics, Bb horns, new sounds"? I have NEVER, EVER, EVER said anything in ANY post EVER on DCP about not liking that stuff. Well, maybe once or twice about electronics, in general. I'm not doubting one bit that this is probably the best show the Bluecoats have ever put on the field and will only get better. Where did I say it wasn't? I just don't like it. I DO bleed blue. They are my former corps and I will support them 'til the end. But I do not have to like what they do. I didn't like the show, that's my opinion. Deal with it.

Agree with chris ... There are better places for you to express your dislike for your corps - sure you have every right, but this just kinda makes me sad-- I didn't care for 08, or 09 all that much, but I didn't go on the offensive about it-

Once again, show me where I "express dislike for my corps". Never once said that. Also, where did I "go on the offensive about it"? Again, get a clue.

YOU! You're outta here! What a debbie downer/negative nancy/annoying alliterative.

Baristeve, I've read a lot of your posts over the years on DCP. You are... Well, just not worth my time, let's just say that.

Bummer. How disappointing your own corps can't satisfy your drum corps tastes. Must be a sad feeling for you, I'm sure.

As for me, I'm enjoying the heck out of the videos. I'm loving this climb. I'm loving the vibe. Can't wait to see them live. Never been more excited to see a show in my life, honestly. I, luckily, have things to look forward to this year in this corps.

Again, why do I HAVE to like what the Bluecoats do just because I once marched there? Is that a rule? A law? Something I missed somewhere along the line? Help me out. Yay for you for enjoying the videos. Most people are. It just doesn't do anything for me.

Did you people even read the entire thread. I made a comment early on about seeing the debut show at Granville High School and I wasn't impressed. Then based on some comments I said that I would give it a chance again once I saw it in a "real" show setting. I did, and still didn't like it. I also didn't care for Crown. I've liked them a lot the past few years, but their show didn't do anything for me either. But you know who's show I really liked last night? Cavies. Even with all of their electronics Mr. Iceman. I really enjoyed their show. Boston's was pretty cool too.

How about you people just crawl back under your rocks and accept the fact that just because I marched Bluecoats at one time doesn't mean I have to automatically worship them every year.

Dude, you need to get a clue. First, show me where I'm being "OVERLY NEGATIVE TOWARDS THE CORPS". And second, where did I EVER write ANYTHING about "electronics, Bb horns, new sounds"? I have NEVER, EVER, EVER said anything in ANY post EVER on DCP about not liking that stuff. Well, maybe once or twice about electronics, in general. I'm not doubting one bit that this is probably the best show the Bluecoats have ever put on the field and will only get better. Where did I say it wasn't? I just don't like it. I DO bleed blue. They are my former corps and I will support them 'til the end. But I do not have to like what they do. I didn't like the show, that's my opinion. Deal with it.

Once again, show me where I "express dislike for my corps". Never once said that. Also, where did I "go on the offensive about it"? Again, get a clue.

Baristeve, I've read a lot of your posts over the years on DCP. You are... Well, just not worth my time, let's just say that.

Again, why do I HAVE to like what the Bluecoats do just because I once marched there? Is that a rule? A law? Something I missed somewhere along the line? Help me out. Yay for you for enjoying the videos. Most people are. It just doesn't do anything for me.

Did you people even read the entire thread. I made a comment early on about seeing the debut show at Granville High School and I wasn't impressed. Then based on some comments I said that I would give it a chance again once I saw it in a "real" show setting. I did, and still didn't like it. I also didn't care for Crown. I've liked them a lot the past few years, but their show didn't do anything for me either. But you know who's show I really liked last night? Cavies. Even with all of their electronics Mr. Iceman. I really enjoyed their show. Boston's was pretty cool too.

How about you people just crawl back under your rocks and accept the fact that just because I marched Bluecoats at one time doesn't mean I have to automatically worship them every year.

I agree with the point about not having to like the corps you were in. As a former member of the Bluecoats I have been REALLY disappointed with the shows in '08 and '09. I was even disappointed by the "play-it-safe" approach that they seemed to have while I was a member of the corps.

I strongly disagree about this year's show. I think they have finally have the show to match the corp's quality.

Edited by RobG

I agree with the point about not having to like the corps you were in. As a former member of the Bluecoats I have been REALLY disappointed with the shows in '08 and '09. I was even disappointed by the "play-it-safe" approach that they seemed to have while I was a member of the corps.

I strongly disagree about this year's show. I think they have finally have the show to match the corp's quality.

Please, I'm begging you, and everyone else, where is it that I said anything even slightly resembling the words indicating that I think this year's show is not top quality and worthy of contending? As a matter of fact, I said in my last post: "I'm not doubting one bit that this is probably the best show the Bluecoats have ever put on the field and will only get better."

I really wish people would read what others wrote before they then write something that is completely out of context.

I must stress again that I think the quality of this corps is great. The drumline is smokin'. I know nothing about horns and guard so I can't even go there. The hornline sounds good to me and I really don't even pay attention to the guard. I can't even compare the drill to other corps, because I just don't have the knowledge to determine what drills are "better" or "harder" than others. Basically I'm just a "Joe Fan" with a little more knowledge than the average bear because I once marched who happens to not care for the Bluecoats show this year. That's it.

Folks - cut Scott a break.... He isn't really into what drum corps has become over the past few years -- and in many ways neither am I. Last I checked, we live in the U.S. and can freely express our opinions,

Having said that -- IMHO I think Bluecoats can contend this season for top 3.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great push the Bluecoats are making with this performance in Tennessee!

Let's do the best we can to rally support on this page as the corps makes the final push back into familiar territory and beyond into Indy!

GO BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

yeah I was there- so pumped- so awesome- great show and to beat a VERY STRONG Cavalier showing tonight says all the much more for this. I watched the coats work on the same 1 minute chunk of the show for hours today and it really paid off... Cavies were on fire tonight- they had a great show and had the crowd going nuts and all that-- that we went on before them and still came out 0.45 ahead of their strong showing means a lot. I hope the membership realizes that there's nowhere in the rulebook that says they can't take it all-- that this can't be the year to win. Why settle for Bronze or Silver when you've got the package to go all the way. My Dad (who is a notoriously tough DCI critic, not from experience, just from being brutally honest) said "wow- they're really good THIS year..." I was like... yeah Dad... thanks..

(hoping for no buzz kills this time from a certain tenor player FMM)

Edited by nero14