The OFFICIAL 2010 Bluecoats Thread

I agree...this show could win. But I believe this year's winner is going to need some kind of '08 style magic and crowd capturing enthusiasm to get that slight bit of edge over what's looking to be the greatest top 5-7 competition ever.

I've been to one show so far - and I CANNOT WAIT to go to another. It's been years since I was this excited about drum corps!

Edited by FHdork

The excitement about DCI this year rivals anything I've seen in my short association with the activity...and that's a GOOD thing. Heartens me to see the Bluecoats stirring up that pot a little and making a strong early statement. Stay tuned.

I agree...this show could win. But I believe this year's winner is going to need some kind of '08 style magic and crowd capturing enthusiasm to get that slight bit of edge over what's looking to be the greatest top 5-7 competition ever.

Good idea! Back side field commander rushes across the field and stabs Eric with a spear, takes over the podium and screams "I am Bluuuuutacus" :blink:

Or better yet, your main drum major, Humbert Humbert (apologies to Nabokov...) dresses in an sailor suit with over-sized prosthetic forearms, and then at the end of the show the back side guy rushes forward, beats Humbert to a pulp and cries, "I AM BLUTO"

Or better yet, your main drum major, Humbert Humbert (apologies to Nabokov...) dresses in an sailor suit with over-sized prosthetic forearms, and then at the end of the show the back side guy rushes forward, beats Humbert to a pulp and cries, "I AM BLUTO"

lol, oh man, this is getting out of hand...

Win or not, this very well could be one of my favorite shows of the season, if not the favorite (right next to Spirit, of course. :sleeping: ) I love the music and the visual package, and I know it will only get better as the season goes on.

Bluecoats will get a little bit of my money when they come to ATL. Thank you for putting out a great, entertaining show.

I've been to one show so far - and I CANNOT WAIT to go to another. It's been years since I was this excited about drum corps!

What is really exciting, is that the show is so good now, If there are hunks of the show we have not seen yet, we have an excellent chance to place higher than ever before. I remember last year, the season was spent simply adding to make accessable and understandable. Not this year.

What is really exciting, is that the show is so good now, If there are hunks of the show we have not seen yet, we have an excellent chance to place higher than ever before. I remember last year, the season was spent simply adding to make accessable and understandable. Not this year.

Metropolis is just flat out amazing. The music is the best music I have ever heard from the Bluecoats. I honestly don't see how the show could get much better!