Cadets 2010

Only gripe-

The 'Kid'.

I get he's integral to the story, but him running around making a HUGE spectacle of himself for almost the entire show ends up being more of an unavoidable distraction for me than a function of story telling. Seems like such a great show with a lot of fun stuff going on. I just hope I can learn to look past the over enthusiastic Disneyland character.

Agreed, the character needs to be less goofie . . . more story like . . . without being stiff . . . poor kid . . . he's got his work cut out for him, and 3/4 of the way in, back right corner there is a blip of energy or lack thereof . . . can;t wait to see what they change on Wednesday when we live feed to Atlanta!

My baby is in surf, from a 69 to a 75 . . . seems like everyone is having a fun season ! Can't wait to see the push to the finish! :tongue:

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad I don't have to sit in the stands anymore with a sense of nervousness about how fans will react. I'd rather worry about whether or not someone will crack a note, drop a rifle, or get tripped up by a judge.

Amen

Agreed, the character needs to be less goofie . . . more story like . . . without being stiff . . . poor kid . . . he's got his work cut out for him, and 3/4 of the way in, back right corner there is a blip of energy or lack thereof . . . can;t wait to see what they change on Wednesday when we live feed to Atlanta!

My baby is in surf, from a 69 to a 75 . . . seems like everyone is having a fun season ! Can't wait to see the push to the finish! :tongue:

Congrats...looking forward to seeing them live in a couple weeks.

There's no denying - those were rough years to be Cadets fans in these parts. 2005/2007 were easier because there was a lot of criticism but the Cadets were excellent - sort of like BD this year.

Were people really hating on the Cadets on 05? I wasn't really paying attn to DCP back then. But I guess I just assumed people dug that show. It was a great show.

Were people really hating on the Cadets on 05? I wasn't really paying attn to DCP back then. But I guess I just assumed people dug that show. It was a great show.

Early season was pretty rough on the 2-sided uniforms, the drum-speak, the Bjork-speak, the door, the schoolgirls, etc. It calmed down some once the excellence of the 2005 corps was clear and once they were doing a better job communicating the show concept. Even by championships, I remember significant numbers of people who were having none of it.

It seemed about the same to me as the "attention" BD is getting this year.

Early season was pretty rough on the 2-sided uniforms, the drum-speak, the Bjork-speak, the door, the schoolgirls, etc. It calmed down some once the excellence of the 2005 corps was clear and once they were doing a better job communicating the show concept. Even by championships, I remember significant numbers of people who were having none of it.

It seemed about the same to me as the "attention" BD is getting this year.

While it is true Cadets received heat for their show in 2005, especially from me..flames were equally thrown at the yowsa, yowsa, yowsa Devils..and I got it from both sides :tongue: I was not loved on either coast !!

I remember complaining about the "band" uniforms, and the lack of integration of the guard into the rest of the corps..the "bjork speak" blah, blah,blah.....and I was relentless on the BD show too.

G

While it is true Cadets received heat for their show in 2005, especially from me..flames were equally thrown at the yowsa, yowsa, yowsa Devils..and I got it from both sides :tongue: I was not loved on either coast !!

I remember complaining about the "band" uniforms, and the lack of integration of the guard into the rest of the corps..the "bjork speak" blah, blah,blah.....and I was relentless on the BD show too.

G

Yup, I didn't know what to make of you in 2005! I just thought you were throwing bombs at everybody :tongue:

I definitely remember BD 2005 getting a lot of criticism here too. Like Cadets fans found out in 2006 - it's tough to both take the criticism and see your corps placing low.