Cadets 2010

. . .in effect, becoming one with the collective.

Little Jefferey. . .the Borg? :laughing:

They could always make it like that one episode of the Twilight Zone where the department store mannequins come to life but have to return to the store after so long . . .in the end, we could see Jefferey as the wind up doll, with the corps as "the reality".

That might be hard to convey, though. . .maybe at the end Jefferey could go back into his "box" as a toy.

Heh. This is why I'm not a show designer, lol.

hmmmm now that would be cool..the toys live and the kid becomes a toy....sounds like a cool WGI program..I might do it..hehehe

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is freakin' awesome --- on so many levels! I doubt this is where they're going -- it's probably some schmaltzy new-age self-realization of magnificence -- but if little Jeffrey were assimilated back into the toy soldiers at the end it *would* be fantastic full-circle ending. Maybe one of the wind-ups rends the soul from Jeffrey (and is now free) and Jeffrey locked into the body of a toy souldier :laughing:

That would just be creepy...good but creepy...not sure I could sleep after that one...

Maybe one of the wind-ups rends the soul from Jeffrey (and is now free) and Jeffrey locked into the body of a toy souldier :blink:

That would make for a nice dark ending . . .I can see it now:

After the rewritten ending, a huge push, with crazy drill everywhere, as Jeffery realizes too late that he's losing his soul in the process. Music reflects the turmoil, blah blah blah.

As the corps now starts to wind down, and goes to head (and play) backfield, two guard members start to dress him up in a Cadets uniform, first the pants . . .then the top as his movements become less natural and more herky-jerky.

From there, the corps cuts off, and all that's left is "music-box" music, perhaps in a minor key . . .as the guard members put the shako on his head and run off, free at last . . .while Jefferey winds down, slower and slower, and ends up in the toy box prop on the 50.

That'd be a big kick in the pants for someone seeing it for the first time . . . :tongue:

p.s. Hop, if you use this, just pay me back with some Cadets swag. :laughing:

After the rewritten ending, a huge push, with crazy drill everywhere, as Jeffery realizes too late that he's losing his soul in the process. Music reflects the turmoil, blah blah blah.

As the corps now starts to wind down, and goes to head (and play) backfield, two guard members start to dress him up in a Cadets uniform, first the pants . . .then the top as his movements become less natural and more herky-jerky.

From there, the corps cuts off, and all that's left is "music-box" music, perhaps in a minor key . . .as the guard members put the shako on his head and run off, free at last . . .while Jefferey winds down, slower and slower, and ends up in the toy box prop on the 50.

That'd be a big kick in the pants for someone seeing it for the first time . . . :laughing:

Dude. AWESOME.

If you don't know the history of Somewhere/Rainbow with the Cavaliers, you should really look into it. Rainbow was played by the Cavaliers from the mid 50s to the mid 70s and is their unofficial corps song. Somewhere was also played by Cavaliers, but I have to take my hats off to the Cadets 84 version.

I knew about Rainbow being the Cavaliers' song, just didn't know they had a rendition of it combined with "Somewhere". Glad to be learned on the subject now. Though I tend to think of WSS as Cadets domain in the drum corps world.

That'd be a big kick in the pants for someone seeing it for the first time . . . :devil:

:blink::tongue::cool:

That'd be a big kick in the pants for someone seeing it for the first time . . . :cool:

OMG, you should go talk to Jeff Sacktig and the rest of the design team right now! :blink:

This is freakin' awesome --- on so many levels! I doubt this is where they're going -- it's probably some schmaltzy new-age self-realization of magnificence -- but if little Jeffrey were assimilated back into the toy soldiers at the end it *would* be fantastic full-circle ending. Maybe one of the wind-ups rends the soul from Jeffrey (and is now free) and Jeffrey locked into the body of a toy souldier :tongue:

Man some of you should have been on the design team.