Rochester Show / July 3rd

Personally, I have to say that the Statesmen, while breaking 80 in their first competition of the year, got a lower score than they deserved since there were only two other competing corps, both Class A, and since the judges were getting a first read of the show tonight. This is a championship contender show and corps.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scores???

Scores???

White Sabers - 59.638

Grenadiers - 67.8

Statesmen - 80.95

Some great horn charts from Jerry Kelsey this year. Love the Ease On Down the Road chart, which they're playing right now.

Horn line came in front of the pit for the shout section. Plenty of in your face to end the encore.

White Sabers - 59.638

Grenadiers - 67.8

Statesmen - 80.95

Thanks, Kevin.

.......for making us as close to being there ourselves as possible....... photos included.........

Joe in Rochester, New Jersey (I think)

You know you have a good show when you don't even need to touch any other music for the encore.

And that's it from Rochester, folks. My next Live From the Stands will be on Saturday, July 24th, for the Jamestown, New York, DCA competition. Be sure to also catch my podcast, Box Center, LIVE every Tuesday night at 8PM Eastern/5PM Pacific, or via iTunes as a podcast.

Have a good night!

Before I forget, you can check out the pictures I took tonight at http://picasaweb.google.com/kevingamin/201...feat=directlink.

You know you have a good show when you don't even need to touch any other music for the encore.

And that's it from Rochester, folks. My next Live From the Stands will be on Saturday, July 24th, for the Jamestown, New York, DCA competition. Be sure to also catch my podcast, Box Center, LIVE every Tuesday night at 8PM Eastern/5PM Pacific, or via iTunes as a podcast.

Have a good night!

Thanks for all the info! :thumbdown::thumbup: