Bluecoats 2010 show

This show is great and reminding me quite a bit of Blue Devil's Winged Victory show from 2007. Do any of you get that angry feel from it too?

Edited to fix the year ( I was wrong by 20, no biggie 8-) )

Edited by jjeffeory

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This show is great and reminding me quite a bit of Blue Devil's Winged Victory show from 2007. Do any of you get that angry feel from it too?

I'll tell you what...I am loving this show. And yes it does have that feel from BD's '07 show. I don't know who the visual designers are, but wow...

This show works...the drill matches with the music perfectly...it is creative and interesting and feels fresh.

This show has the potential to be a...top 5 for sure and maybe, just maybe if everything works perfectly...a top 3...will it happen? only time will tell.

So far, I've seen (either live or video of) BD, Bluecoats, Crown, Cadets, Cavies, Phantom, and SCV...and thats how I'd rank them after

the first week. Still early, but I am very impressed with the 'coats...

Cali.

Edited by Calistar

Perhaps a Blue / Bloo one / two. :devil:

At this rate, things are really being shaken up.

I supposed it could be a Blooo / Blue / BLUE one - two- three punch. We'll find out pretty soon if Stars is up to the challenge.

I am simply floored at how aggresive the Bluecoats are this year. Good for them. :tongue:

Awesome show.

It worries me slightly how clean they are right now, compared to their scores, but if they can keep up the pace, there's nothing keeping them out of the top 5 and higher.

Awesome show.

It worries me slightly how clean they are right now, compared to their scores, but if they can keep up the pace, there's nothing keeping them out of the top 5 and higher.

I saw quite a bit of dirt in Charleston the other day, but I'm sure they can grow the show as well as anyone else. This has been what I've noticed from Blue Devils the last several years, but they manage to still get the scores.

I saw more dirt from Phantom, but I think they'll clean it up, too.

Maybe Crown, Bluecoats, and a few other corps have learned this technique and are trying it out this year?

Edited by jjeffeory

I checked that thread. This thread is different, what with the comparison of the show to BD 2007.

Wow, honestly, it doesn't remind me of Blue Devils 2007 one bit. And for that, I am ecstatic.

Frankly, I enjoy watching dynamic motion along with the Coats outstanding hornline. I guess I'm not a fan of moderately paced movement with nasty crass sounds and stagnant/overused/non-melodic musical writing.

This is my opinion. Flame on.

Edited by IMcomguy