Is it just me ?

I just saw my first batch bootleg clips today. Crown looks good. Same with Cadets. What the hell is going on with the Bluecoats? They are (for lack of a better term) SCARY GOOD. Am I wrong for saying this so early in the season ? I have never been a big Coats fan but this show just blows me away :blink:

Oh...they're scary good! Now we watch and see what happens

when they're actually in the same shows as other groups in the

top tier! Gonna be a fun year for Bluecoats!

to answer the title of the thread - it is just you.

No, it's really not. The Bluecoats are on fire and have one of the best productions this year.

• Like 1

to answer the title of the thread - it is just you.

False.

It's early yet, and there is the history of 2007 to provide a cautionary tale...but this is the first time in the last four years where all the elements are aligned and the corps is moving in a unified artistic direction. (These are my opinions only...) The players are responding to outstanding veteran leadership and the always top-notch staff instruction. This corps BELIEVES in each other, and the attitude is different: they are fully invested in the show, which plays to their strengths as musicians and allows for continual visual improvement. Incredibly clean for June, but they can grow. As i've mentioned in another thread, I'm trusting the show has enough growth potential to really let them keep their foot on the gas.

It's a marathon, not a sprint, though. True tests will come when they're head to head with DCP's anointed heavyweights: how the Bluecoats respond to the challenges of taking a punch...but more importantly, how they themselves punch and counterpunch.

All that being said, I believe in Six Words.

They are cleaner than everyone else at the moment and are playing very well... but the lack of show development from a design standpoint I think will hold them back... Slowly slipping into the clutches of SCV and Phantom IMO.

Good on them though for coming out of the gate so strong.