St Peter MN

I'm glad this didn't happen in 05 when I bought a really expensive day of walk up plane ticket to see the Mankato / Coon Rapids shows. That would not of been a very pleasant trip.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok DCI.... very evident that you didnt get this stadium issue taken care of in a professional way, or at least fan frendly...

I wonder how many would've bought tickets KNOWING that there werent going to be scores "available"......? Granted,

I still would've liked to have seen the corps, but If I had made the effort to drive a rather long distance expecting a "normal"

drum corps show, with scores, I might have been a little upset with the show hosts..... Yes.. scores dont matter... *

I hope there is some explaining done, to both the fans and the participants......

Hey, it could have been worse. It wasn't like the bleachers weren't done on time or a giant sinkhole opened up in the middle of the field or anything like that :wiink:

Is St. Peter like St. Olaf? Love the Golden Girls and Betty White.

funny thing...ther is a St. Olaf College about an hour NE of St. Peter.

Wow.

That's all I can really say. It's not like the lights just disappeared, if this was known the whole time why was there this last minute exhibition change?

some clarification from bradf on the blue stars forum:

The show was originally to be in Mankato. Stadium was under construction, so the corps were asked if we would be ok with an exhibition to save costs for a long standing show sponsor. We all agreed it was best for all - fans, sponsors, corps - to have an exhibition show than no show at all.

Wow.

That's all I can really say. It's not like the lights just disappeared, if this was known the whole time why was there this last minute exhibition change?

Most likely for one reason....George "where are my hash marks" Hopkins had a hissy fit....

I thought the show was great! It sounds like they are adding lights to that stadium in the near future. Mankato stadium is great also, tall, straight up, and no track. No scores, and no encore. More time to get to Patrick's (legendary midwest drum corps bar) best place to grab a pint and watch some Bridgmen.

Is St. Peter like St. Olaf? Love the Golden Girls and Betty White.

Just to set the record straight . . . St. Peter is most certainly not like St. Olaf.

St. Peter is home to Gustavus Adolphus College, a Lutheran affiliated, residential liberal arts college founded by Swedes located in a picturesque, Minnesota town along the Minnesota River about an hour south of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

St. Olaf College, on the other hand, is a Lutheran affiliated, residential liberal arts college founded by Norwegians located in a picturesque, Minnesota town (Northfield) along the Canon River about an hour south of Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Gustavus students are known as "Gusties" and their school colors are Ebony and Gold.

St. Olaf students are known as "Oles" (Oh-lees) and their school colors are Gold and Black.

I can't possibly understand how the two could be confused :tongue:

Now back to your regularly scheduled St. Peter thread.

Eric

St. Olaf '93