Stewing in Ewing

A great drum corps night with an awesome and receptive crowd.

Bluecoats on fire and I cannot see them stopping for anyone at this point until they hit BD and Cadets.

Boston has some super moments and are early season ready. We will see where depth takes them.

Regiment is great as always, but seemed too allusive.

Welcome Surf to another year of word class. Cute show and strong guard.

Crown is a great drum corps, but see Bluecoats passing them soon. Not enough in Crown's show as of now.

Crossmen are good but not great. Last few finals spots needs corps that are good, take a few risks, and are unique. This isn't it. Sorry.

Spirit is good, taking some risks, and are unique. A great musical book helps. Drum line and horns are surely top twelve. Guard is getting close.

Overall a very solid show from several levels of corps. I will do a full review tomorrow. Good night.

Some quick comments before I go to work:

Crown was a little flat at practice yesterday and followed it up with a flat show. Percussion issues must get fixed pronto.

Bloo owned the field last night with a solid overall performance.

Phantom has some marching and visual issues but when they clean those areas, they will be dangerous in August.

Boston entertains from start to finish. They use the oversized throne to great effect.

Spirit's guard had some drops due to the sun. The male guard unis must be dropped for something more masculine.

Xmen-see above male guard comment. Hornline is already playing louder than last year.

Surf's patriotic show went over well with the large home crowd.

so now YOU are eluding...

I am new to posting here and would like to know how to start a new topic.

Can you tell me?

Are you arguing with yourself?

And to answer your question, on the main forums page you can select "new topic," although I would probably do a quick search first to ensure there isn't another similar topic that already exists. That may help you elude other members' calling you out for unnecessarily creating another topic which was alluded to in an existing thread. See what I did there?

de92d521.jpg

Great start to he show from spirit. They definite say the word ICON faaaAaar too much but a solid sound from them tonight. I like the use of the harmon mutes for the trumpets. Some very minor ensemble issues bt very minor indeed. Alsogreat to see the cymbals but only 3?

Solid show but not sure if it has the content to pull them into finals. Well executed but not too much demand or complexity.

Up next.....bones.

Agree. "forging" "Icon" ....alright already !

G