Stewing in Ewing

Well, I just checked the recaps, and i know I'm not as smart as most of you, but what I saw was this: Bluecoats took a 7.6 in a caption they won with an 8.1 at their last show. Wonder if that was just a bad night, eh?

Which also tells me..and my son marches contra there, so I am biased...that if they'd hit a number like they're accustomed to in said caption, they would have won tonight. Which means we've still yet to see the best they've got to offer.

I'm looking forward to that.

Boston was real good. Solid and great field presence. Guard is excellent and the show is both entertaining and strong.

Phantom seems to be "just there" Something is missing in this show and I think they arent even using show flags yet,...........why ???

Some strange guy dressed in orange playing the horn in the show too.......BAC was much more solid.

G

....easier to complain than to do some research and learn about the PR program?

Go to facebook and find PR there is a long video explaining the concept.

Or if you have an iPhone get the PR app.

In the video section is the same long explaination of the concept.

Understand first ... Then, if you must, shred.

'just there'? Hardly!

'just there'? Hardly!

I dont need a video explanation of anything, The showis flat, missing GE and doesnt have much impact at this point. Brass is nice but not as dynamic as Crown or 'coats or loud and impactful as Boston. Guard is boring, not really adding anything to the show right now and again, if these are the show flags, booo-ring !

Hardly Complaining. Enjoy all corps, giving my opinion.

G

'just there'? Hardly!

Not bashing on PR here because a LOT of corps do this.

A show should make sense on its own. 99% of your audience is never going to view your website, your facebook page, the fan network, or whatever. You have to be able to sell your show with your show. If you require a video on facebook or a detailed walkthrough from the designer to have any chance of understanding it, 99% of the audience is NEVER going to get your show.

Edited by AlexL

'just there'? Hardly!

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot!

WTF are you talking about? Presumably you realize you are talking to someone who saw the show live, right? He went to a drum corps show, enjoyed, and commented. Facebook and videos are entirely irrelevant as he has experienced it LIVE!! I have not seen Phantom, don't know the concept, but your reply struck me as one of the most irrational I have seen in quite some time.

'just there'? Hardly!

No. Not at all, no.

First off, I didn't read what you quoted as a reflection on a "lack of knowledge of the PR program."

But I digress... you shouldn't *have* to research a show before you go watch it. I'm not going to listen to every piece of source music and compare it to the show title, go to every single website and read every description, or even look for videos explaining what the show is about before I go to a show. I'm in Texas and shows aren't until late July and I STILL won't spend my time doing that.

Why? Because the show should be easy to understand without all of that. The overwhelming majority of people in the audience won't go that either. Saying you should go watch the video before going to a show is following in the same logic that you need your entire show narrated because it's too complex for the audience to understand by watching alone.

Well, I just checked the recaps, and i know I'm not as smart as most of you, but what I saw was this: Bluecoats took a 7.6 in a caption they won with an 8.1 at their last show. Wonder if that was just a bad night, eh?

Which also tells me..and my son marches contra there, so I am biased...that if they'd hit a number like they're accustomed to in said caption, they would have won tonight. Which means we've still yet to see the best they've got to offer.

I'm looking forward to that.

0.5 fluctuation in a sub-caption is not atypical. it all averages out.

if you took all the best subcaption scores from their last 3-4 shows, their score would be a couple points higher. but that's true for any corps.

What happened to Crossmen? Their scores seem kind of flat starting at 68 in their first show and still 68.

Any thoughts?

I had Crossmen 1.5 over Spirit. there is much more demand here and as the season progresses they will be fine. Just young and might take a bit to get cleaner. program is there , guard is much better, Brass is much better. BUT BIG POINT IS THE PROGRAM , DRILL , AND MUSIC IS MUCH MUCH BETTER . Should be in the 10-14 hunt by Mid July.

Also had Phantom 2 over Boston.

Crown 80.5 -Hard o go on AFTER Bluecoats

Bluecoats 80.2 Will catch Crown

Phantom - 77.5 very nice program

Boston 75.5-good spots but slow spots also.

Crossmen 70.5 Should be ahead of Spirit for good.

Spirit -69.0 lack of demand

Surf-66 -Better than I thought.