Pioneer 2010

Re:

DCI is a COMPETITION. To be the winner you have to win.

This attitude as shown here by Pioneersop98 in my opinion is what is harming Pioneer. Although I agree that taking the field and performing in DCI WC is honorable, it is not the same thing as winning DCI WC. It is not the same thing as wearing a ring. To be the winner in DCI you actually have to win.

Whether or not we like it, kids today respect the corps that are attempting to win DCI. They buy these corps t shirts the most, and they tend to cheer on the top winning corps the most. In my opinion if Pioneer's leadership would foster its leadership into aiming to win DCI, and not just to participate, or to be a "teaching corps" Pio would get more respect.

Well Michael....I've been to many shows this year and Pioneer has received several standing ovations throughout their show! More than most of the Corps performing! So, Pioneer doesn't need or want your respect. We don't need it! News for you......your outlook on winning is strange at best......Kids today what? Come on.....now your an expert on parenting? I'm officially done responding to you...keep your thoughts to yourself.......and I personally cannot wait to see Pioneer perform in Indy......Best of Luck Pioneer. You meet all kinds......you all know, it doesn't matter. People think they are just too smart......Life's lessons.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re:

DCI is a COMPETITION. To be the winner you have to win.

This attitude as shown here by Pioneersop98 in my opinion is what is harming Pioneer. Although I agree that taking the field and performing in DCI WC is honorable, it is not the same thing as winning DCI WC. It is not the same thing as wearing a ring. To be the winner in DCI you actually have to win.

Whether or not we like it, kids today respect the corps that are attempting to win DCI. They buy these corps t shirts the most, and they tend to cheer on the top winning corps the most. In my opinion if Pioneer's leadership would foster its leadership into aiming to win DCI, and not just to participate, or to be a "teaching corps" Pio would get more respect.

Keep talking. The more you talk, the more fans Pioneer will have. The more you talk the more you show your ignorance. All of us want Pioneer to do better in placement, but sometimes moving up means you have to compromise the very thing that you have stood for for 49 years. Pioneer is not willing to compromise their beliefs, traditions or the very soul of their corps to "win". I applaud them for that because my son is a better person having marched with Pioneer -- by the way, a better musician as well.

Of course DCI is a competition but not everyone can finish in first place. That doesn't make a lower place corps a "loser". It just means they didn't finish first. One works with the tools he has and does the best he can with them. But for me, Donny and the staff are really winners because they don't sit on the sideline trying to tell someone they have a better idea. They are in the trenches working with kids every day and loving it. That makes them winners and the kids that are fortunate enough to learn from them become winners.

Again I ask. Didn't you once have a relationship with Pioneer? If so, how did that relationship end and is that why you feel the way you do?

Yes, and lets just say that I left Pioneer under the best of conditions that I could have at the time.

I feel the way that I do because when I was at Pioneer , in my opinion, Pioneer was not listening to the people and ideas that could best help them advance twards winning DCI WC.

If you want to WIN, you MUST learn what winners do to win. You must study winners, learn from winners, embrace their competitive edge. That must be your focus, or imho you will not win. This is especially true in a very competitive activity such as DCI WC.

Keep talking. The more you talk, the more fans Pioneer will have. The more you talk the more you show your ignorance. All of us want Pioneer to do better in placement, but sometimes moving up means you have to compromise the very thing that you have stood for for 49 years. Pioneer is not willing to compromise their beliefs, traditions or the very soul of their corps to "win". I applaud them for that because my son is a better person having marched with Pioneer -- by the way, a better musician as well.

Of course DCI is a competition but not everyone can finish in first place. That doesn't make a lower place corps a "loser". It just means they didn't finish first. One works with the tools he has and does the best he can with them. But for me, Donny and the staff are really winners because they don't sit on the sideline trying to tell someone they have a better idea. They are in the trenches working with kids every day and loving it. That makes them winners and the kids that are fortunate enough to learn from them become winners.

All corps have fans. Pioneer has many fans, and I wish Pioneer and Pio's fans well.

Wanting Pioneer to do better in placement is not the same thing as Pioneer DOING what they need to do in order to win DCI WC.

The question remains, and here is the pay dirt, is Pioneer doing the very best that they can with the tools that they have in order to win DCI?

It think Pio's leadership could do a better job with their resources. But hey, that is just my opinion, and 49 years says a lot about what Roman does well. I commend him for that. Perhaps money spend on a fancy monument to old corps uniforms could have been better spent on bringing in a top DCI consultant who has won DCI WC, etc.

Telling kids who do not win that they are winners...

You win DCI WC when you have a ring on your finger.

Edited by Howdy

This is why you should ignore Howdy:

http://schmidt-faq.blogspot.com/

Besides the fact that he references himself in 3rd person in his signature. That's just the ###### icing on the giant ###### filled cake this guy is.

Keep up the goodwork, Pioneer. Love the show.

Ugly Personal attacks are not going to change anything about why Pioneer is not winning DCI WC.

Pioneer's leadership / staff can choose to learn from me and my insightful ideas about what it takes to win DCI WC, or they can continue to go down the same road that they have been on for a very long time. Just remember, if Pioneer is not in position to win DCI WC, do not blame me. I learned from the best.

I tried to show them the way.

Edited by Howdy

Pioneer's leadership / staff can choose to learn from me and my insightful ideas about what it takes to win DCI WC, or they can continue to go down the same road that they have been on for a very long time. Just remember, if Pioneer is not in position to win DCI WC, do not blame me. I learned from the best.

Oh wow... :tongue:

In all seriousness, Pioneer has it's place in the activity. Most people respect the corps for that position. The few that do not are completely entitled to their own opinion. Too much emphasis is being placed on the word "winning". That's just a small part of the corps philosophy and the Corps Prayer. The larger issue is that the corps plays an invaluable role in the activity, giving members a spot to march when other corps won't even consider them. And to say that the activity is all about winning is completely inaccurate as well. I don't for one minute believe that every corps that competes at Quarterfinals believed at the beginning of the season that they could win DCI World Class. So are they supposed to walk around all summer calling their members losers? That's going to be great for morale!

Ugly Personal attacks are not going to change anything about why Pioneer is not winning DCI WC.

Oh for the love of..........no I'm not going to do it. I marched in Pio while you were on staff for the very brief time period you were there. I was in the drumline so I never had you teaching me and for that I am thankful. I'm not going to say anything I'm going to regret or get me in trouble but you seriously need to GTFO and stop trolling.

Edited by SDBassCreature