SCV ending

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told they're going to end their show with a long, loud chord with the ceasement of marching. Sounds to radical\hopkiness to me, though.

I heard it was going to be a short, soft chord while marching off the field. Can it be both?

I've also heard something about bassoons and Poulan weed whackers. (The latter is the company that was founded by Key's grandfather. Seriously.)

As to what they are planning on doing? there must be someone on this board who has some inside information

It's the last movement of Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra. It's been talked about in the other SCV threads quite a bit.

I heard it was going to be a short, soft chord while marching off the field. Can it be both?

I've also heard something about bassoons and Poulan weed whackers. (The latter is the company that was founded by Key's grandfather. Seriously.)

I think the musical integration of the bassoons with the Poulan weed whackers should provide the proper tonal dissonance quality that a Bela Bartok piece requires. I think it could work well, Michael, if this is the choice for the ending.

Edited by BRASSO