SCV ending

Quoting Key's staus over in FBland...

Key Poulan is amazed at how well SCV's closer turned out. Warning to all brass judges: Do not go inside the brass form during the last minute unless you have a deathwish!

Can't wait to see/hear it in a few weeks!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh... I wish SCV/BD either a) finished their show before their only NorCal performances, which is just like 2 or 3 a season or b) had shows later in the season in the Bay Area where the ending is completed...

Based on that last movement, that ending is going to be awesome. I'm still getting used to the rest of the show, but the last half is hot!

The ending of Vanguard's show is the 5th movement of Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra.

... however, they are currently using the ending everyone is familiar with. As Bartok wrote two ending for this work, at Finals they will insert the 'alternate ending' and keep the original drill ... which will end after the music. This will be in keeping with the idea they had several years ago about shows based on exclamation marks (i.e. !, * and ?).

... however, they are currently using the ending everyone is familiar with. As Bartok wrote two ending for this work, at Finals they will insert the 'alternate ending' and keep the original drill ... which will end after the music. This will be in keeping with the idea they had several years ago about shows based on exclamation marks (i.e. !, * and ?).

Oh. Well. Thank you for the explanation. My husband (my source) did not provide as much detail.

I guess he is not as aware of what is hppening with SCV as he likes to think he is. :thumbup:

Oh. Well. Thank you for the explanation. My husband (my source) did not provide as much detail.

I guess he is not as aware of what is hppening with SCV as he likes to think he is. :thumbup:

I should have put a 'smiley face' after my explanation. While there are two endings to the piece, I don't think I've ever heard the shorter one (i.e. Ending # 1) played in concert. From what I can see from the score, it seems to be rather abrupt. I can't imagine SCV would consider using it.