BLUE STARS 2010!

The only corps that has surprised me (in a good way) this season is the BLUE STARS!!! I couldn't make it past the 2:30 mark on the DCI Fan Network! WOW!!!!

MELLOS

Pioneer, IMO, also falls into this category of surprising in a good way.

Pioneer, IMO, also falls into this category of surprising in a good way.

I agree. Love their opening hit, and I think they're really selling their show.

"But George H., you're not the only corps director in DCI."

"No, but I'm the best!"

Amadeus FTW

Since their comeback a few years ago, I have really dug La Crosse's brass books and overall show designs. This year is certainly no exception and the writing for the hornline may be my favorite this year. I'll be pulling for Blue Stars to clean up well and give the top 8 a run for its money.

You could write any number of bars above the notes...1/8...1/16....1/64....they're all basically the same depending on tempo! 1/64 could actually be slower than an 1/8 note... :thumbup:

Dave did mention 64th at 144, sounds like pushing the speed limit to me :blink:

I'm really loving the way the Grey Stars play and march but I can't get the new uniform. As much as I liked the original with the helmet, the look they had last year was sharp. Really sharp.

I'm really loving the way the Grey Stars play and march but I can't get the new uniform. As much as I liked the original with the helmet, the look they had last year was sharp. Really sharp.

Im sorry, as an alum of this fine drum and bugle corps, please do not take the name of this wonderful organization and slander it !

Thank-you

As far as the uni... this is a darker show... with dark/intense music..... This show would not look correct out there with a bright

white uniform !

Edited by Briggs1
  • Like 1

I'm obsessed with this show. Up there with Phantom and Crown as my faves right now. I want them to finish in the top 6 so badly. Just gotta clean up Nixon in China like CRAZY!!!

• Like 1

Im sorry, as an alum of this fine drum and bugle corps, please do not take the name of this wonderful organization and slander it !

Thank-you

As far as the uni... this is a darker show... with dark/intense music..... This show would not look correct out there with a bright

white uniform !

Sorry but they are grey this year and that is unfortunate. Grey Stars it is! :thumbup:

Blue Stars' ballad is absolutely beautiful to listen to. I just wish that last chord before they turn backfield is just horns and no cymbals so the chord can ring out.

I had the absolute honor of being able to see Blue Stars practice at Irondale HS in Minnesota last Sunday and got to listen to and watch the process of building that ballad. Frank Sullivan was standing on top of the pressbox imploring them to "play at FFF!" and the sound increased to a level that gave me goosebumps. What a pleasure...

• Like 1