DCI Fan Network Coverage

Is anyone else disappointed that the first ability to see Boston on the Fan Network is July 10th. :sad:

Living in Florida, next year I will just have to go see them at a camp held down here in my state.

Future note: Good idea to plan coverage of all the corps in the early season.

I am appreciative of all the great reviews of Boston's show by the DCP members, keep it up!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else disappointed that the first ability to see Boston on the Fan Network is July 10th. :sad:

Living in Florida, next year I will just have to go see them at a camp held down here in my state.

I am appreciative of all the great reviews of Boston's show by the DCP members, keep it up!

That used to be earlier than we could see ANY corps on the Fan Network. There very well could be an unannounced showing prior to that if things were to work out somewhere, as there have been with so many shows in the recent past. DCI.org didn't announce certain shows would be available until it was absolutely certain things were set up for the broadcast. These were bonuses beyond what people expected. I don't know what's specifically going on here, but every stadium isn't always suitable for a high enough camera to capture the entire production and there are a limited number of people to go around to set up this sort of thing.

A polite note to DCI requesting consideration of adding an earlier show by the corps might help. If people express a desire, they will try to work things out. DCI is in the business of trying to give fans what they want. This isn't always possible in every instance, but they sure as heck try.

Yes- and I'm disappointed by this too.

Dude, calm down. At least you can watch them online.

I remember having to wait till a week after MID SEASON, to be able to even HEAR some drum corps', when the mid-season CD used to come out after San Antonio.

I remember having to wait till a week after MID SEASON, to be able to even HEAR some drum corps', when the mid-season CD used to come out after San Antonio.

Not to start a ****ing contest, but with the ubiquity of video cameras and internet access, I don't think it's unreasonable to wish better arrangements could be made for corps coverage. Yes, I understand it's better than it used to be back when...well pick your historical epoch. But it's really tiresome when every other post on DCP seems to begin with..."You don't know nothin'. Back in the old days..."

I would think that the lack of coverage for BAC is more of an issue of their schedule and not that of the Fan Network. Because they came out late (a few days prior to the July 4th holiday) the few local shows that they have done made it a little difficult to give them the same coverage.

I would think that the lack of coverage for BAC is more of an issue of their schedule and not that of the Fan Network. Because they came out late (a few days prior to the July 4th holiday) the few local shows that they have done made it a little difficult to give them the same coverage.

I agree. While I too am disappointed that BAC is the only top twelve corps to not be seen until July 10th, I don't think it is Fan Network's fault. I think it is just scheduling. I did think it was a little odd that Arlington was not offered as a live event, but I can understand. Maybe BAC chose to not be a part of a live streaming event until later in the season.

Now on a positive note, BAC has done a STELLAR job keeping us up to date (as much as possible) on Fan Network with all of the videos. I know they are small snippets, but I am grateful for them nonetheless.

This was part of the discussion during the whole BD Mediabox & BD ipod app threads. Without trying to come down too hard on you, this is not exactly and era of "two cans and a string". There is no earthly reason with all the video technology we enjoy these days, why some kind of deal between the corps and DCI couldn't be worked out. It could involve VOD's for just those events not covered by DCI .

We all know that on many, many nights all we have is some gracious DCP member up in the stands with text messages during the shows. And that doesn't always happen. I get the feeling DCI thinks that if they give over coverage during the season that it will hurt ticket sales. I don't believe that. Go to BD's Mediabox and see the different forms of "staying in touch" they are working on. I was able to see BD's show very shortly after their performance in Pleasant Hill (Family Night), plus video snippets practically real time. Bottom line: there's no reason for it to take that long for fans to see their favorite corps' show.....no matter whether you own a digital watch or a sun dial! :thumbup:

Edited by Plan9

I agree. While I too am disappointed that BAC is the only top twelve corps to not be seen until July 10th, I don't think it is Fan Network's fault. I think it is just scheduling. I did think it was a little odd that Arlington was not offered as a live event, but I can understand. Maybe BAC chose to not be a part of a live streaming event until later in the season.

Now on a positive note, BAC has done a STELLAR job keeping us up to date (as much as possible) on Fan Network with all of the videos. I know they are small snippets, but I am grateful for them nonetheless.

Count me in as another poster that wished we had a full field performance video of the Boston Crusaders. From the early season reports, their show seems to be getting good reviews with posters telling us how entertaining their show is. From looking at their schedule, it appears they had a late start, with more shows and travel packed into later in the season. I do see that Boston is trying to respond with quite a few snippets every few days on Fan Network. Oh well, patience is a virtue. They say that " all good things come to those that wait ". ( but the wait IS kind of a bummer )

Edited by BRASSO