Bluecoats on top again!

Um....they are not even remotely close to where they were at this point in 2008. In 2008 they had one of the most brilliant shows ever written - musically and visually.

I think his point was that in 2008, at this point in the season, Phantom's show was far from clicking on all cylinders, and wasn't on many people's predictions for winning, nor was it scoring particularly well. That's a fact.

Bluecoats came out on fire in 2007 winning a bunch of competitions because they were simply performing the heck out of their show immediately...they were outscoring a lot of corps for over a month that eventually passed them by. Also a fact.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um....they are not even remotely close to where they were at this point in 2008. In 2008 they had one of the most brilliant shows ever written - musically and visually. It was epic and had all the tools necessary to be a winner. This year isn't and doesn't. I love Regiment and I love the show musically but it is terrible visually. Demand for the sake of demand. Keep in mind I hate Myron's drills. The drill reminds me a lot of past SCV drills in the same way as Madison's 2006 drill did.

Bottom line, I don't see them finishing any higher than 8th or 9th. They are going to suffer the same fate '06 Madison did at the hands of Myron. Drill that can't look clean even if it is clean.

hahahahahahahahahaha ....

I'm happy that I can actually enjoy a Bluecoats' show. I'll have to reserve my judgement about the possibility of them winning a championship until after a few regionals when they go against everyone else. Until then, keep up the good fight!

Excited about this new season, as there seems to be a real dynamic curiosity about what lies ahead !!! Regular shows and power regionals

have me just buzzing with excitmentl......but just a reminder...... I know whos thread this is but with the naming of corps that could potentially

take the cake this year, remember there's a corps that took 2nd once... and they have a show this year that could "displace" some that are

used to their locations and seats on the bus !!!! Im sure Bluecoats will be ready....

Cant wait for July 17th...

Edited by Briggs1