Bluecoats on top again!

I'm confused. How can they be in first place when they haven't beaten Crown yet? Cadets yet? BD yet? I think if anyone has claims to be touted as the first place corps it's BD and Crown, because they haven't lost yet and Crown has beaten Bluecoats.

Don't mean to sound like I'm ragging, but it is funny. I will say this Bluecoats show is fantastic and I will not be surprised at all if it ends up in the top 4 come finals. I do not see Phantom, SCV, Cavies or Boston beating them all year, but what do I know?

I believe he is just talking about the shows they've competed at. In that sense they have won the individual shows on the 24th 26th and 30th . Bloooo

Edited by Perry S

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could see Blooo being the fan favorite this year. As much as I would like to see them medal this year, I do feel that their visual demand, as designed, would keep them from medaling. Lets all see what would happen when the full judge panel is in place.

ok - I think the consensus is that they are a contender. Their scores (though not head-to-head) are clearly within that 1-4 cluster right now - and that may be surprising to some. I disagree with the "lack of visual demand" statement. It's as demanding as ANY of those corps mentioned. BD, Crown and Cadets. There are still some others that could push all four of them around a bit too. In any case - I'm stoked right now. Really proud. Great talent. Great staff. GREAT program! It COULD very well be OUR YEAR!!! Go BLOOO!

Also I think the poster is saying they have the highest overall score right now...

From one Blue family to another.....congratulations Bloooo, welcome to the nose bleed section. See what touring with us all last year did! :thumbup:

Seriously...Go Blooo! You're a class act, top to bottom. Now.... gird your loins! We're comin'!

Now.... gird your loins! We're comin'!

Actually, quite sage advice.

I saw (Bluecoats) you at Ewing. Great show!! Musically outstanding, both brass and perc. Don't let up.

Visually, some very cool things going on, with some terrific body movement which speaks well. However, they have to SHOUT! Feet can be anyone's undoing. Make it your strength. Those basic blocks, which can be unnerving or perhaps annoying, can make you.

JUST DO IT.

You are on fire. Add the fuel. Make it burn hotter. Go for it.

Good luck :thumbup:

Edit: added corps name

Edited by Mellofello01

Could see Blooo being the fan favorite this year. As much as I would like to see them medal this year, I do feel that their visual demand, as designed, would keep them from medaling. Lets all see what would happen when the full judge panel is in place.

Fan Favorite? NO! (or at least not yet)

A contender to be the best drum corps in 2010? could be.

I think they have an amazing program constructed for them.. and there performance is on par with the design. Every section is smokin indeed.

Edited by Cop

Also I think the poster is saying they have the highest overall score right now...

Exactly. On July 1 they have received the highest score handed out this year.

I would love to see them win the gold this year at Finals, but I already know which show

will be my favorite that night. I don't need judges to tell me that. It will be Metropolis!

Go Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue

They really are good this year. I've always liked the coats but there's something extra going on there this year. Wouldn't it be cool to see them get a ring, in spite of all the folks who predicted Crown would rule all?

I think it would be cool for Crown to get a ring as well... since they have not won a title before either.