Asking this for the sake of my sisters

Ok, so for the longest time i've been trying to get my sisters into DCI. Um, they are in colorguard and I am in brassline so you see that it's already difficult for me to do this. Anyways whenever I do show them ANYTHING (mainly good hornlines) they keep on going on about how all of the corps guard work they've seen is easy and all. idk what I can show them. They are really good at it in my view. But I don't know of corps that have women in it, that have REALLY hard guard work, and are clean ya know? It's hard for me to describe it, but can you give me some corps that have some of the hardest guard work in DCI and are clean etc, (Im asking you CG guys) and don't say Scouts or Cavies cause they wouldn't take my sisters. But yeah, if you're followin me, help?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are your sisters in High School? If so, are there videos out there of them performing. This way we can gauge what level of "hard guard work" they are comparing to.

Interesting that they think it is 'easy'. Show them some Crown, Blue Devils, Cadets and Bluecoats...all of which have some great guards.

Though I haven't marched yet, I'm a DCI guard stalker, and I really, really love Crown's guard, of course BD, Phantom, as well as the Blue Stars. You can find some videos on youtube geared specifically toward drum corp guard fans.

I'm a fan of flag, and sabre (although I suck at sabre).

I hope you can convert them!! :tongue:

Ok, so for the longest time i've been trying to get my sisters into DCI. Um, they are in colorguard and I am in brassline so you see that it's already difficult for me to do this. Anyways whenever I do show them ANYTHING (mainly good hornlines) they keep on going on about how all of the corps guard work they've seen is easy and all. idk what I can show them. They are really good at it in my view. But I don't know of corps that have women in it, that have REALLY hard guard work, and are clean ya know? It's hard for me to describe it, but can you give me some corps that have some of the hardest guard work in DCI and are clean etc, (Im asking you CG guys) and don't say Scouts or Cavies cause they wouldn't take my sisters. But yeah, if you're followin me, help?

Take them to watch a practice. Getting up close and personal with an outstanding DCI guard is very different than watching it on youtube :)

1) even I think that the Coats guard isn't that great work wise, but hornline wise I love em.

2) no videos, they only complain about the "work" being easy, but they always say that the cleanliness is very much good.

3) perhaps it's just ignorance in youth? kinda how I used to think that all of crowns music was easy when I was younger (specifically 2 yrs)

4) I can occasionally find a clip of a "cool routine" and what not so that's why I was asking about specific years in order to help convince them that going to Atlanta with me is worth their time. (cause I think once they see it live it'll be like my 1st time in understanding it's not all as easy as it seems)

Crown and Blue Stars have some of the hardest weapon and flag work out there

Later,

Mike

Crown and Blue Stars have some of the hardest weapon and flag work out there

Later,

Mike

I never thought that of Crown, ima have to go check that out. BS I can't hardly find any videos on. It's just hard tryin to get em into it. It's happening slowly but surely :tongue: