Asking this for the sake of my sisters

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Blue Stars work this year is RIDICULOUS! So is Crown's, but that's pretty typical as of the last few years.

I will agree that Blue Stars' guard work this year is among the most difficult ever put on the field in DCI. Spinning a flag with no hands? the first 40 seconds of flag work with one hand? The weapons work is excellent and innovative. Sabre spinning and tosses in handcuffs! All the work is very musical as well. When it's cleaned, it's going to be very impressive.

---tom

Edited by TomVV

I will agree that Blue Stars' guard work this year is among the most difficult ever put on the field in DCI. Spinning a flag with no hands? the first 40 seconds of flag work with one hand? The weapons work is excellent and innovative. Sabre spinning and tosses in handcuffs! All the work is very musical as well. When it's cleaned, it's going to be very impressive.

---tom

Michael Shapiro always seems to give the guard a handful (pardon the pun)....This year is no different for sure... :tongue:

Ok, so for the longest time i've been trying to get my sisters into DCI. Um, they are in colorguard and I am in brassline so you see that it's already difficult for me to do this. Anyways whenever I do show them ANYTHING (mainly good hornlines) they keep on going on about how all of the corps guard work they've seen is easy and all. idk what I can show them. They are really good at it in my view. But I don't know of corps that have women in it, that have REALLY hard guard work, and are clean ya know? It's hard for me to describe it, but can you give me some corps that have some of the hardest guard work in DCI and are clean etc, (Im asking you CG guys) and don't say Scouts or Cavies cause they wouldn't take my sisters. But yeah, if you're followin me, help?

Maybe they say that just to get a rise out of you. People have been known to do that, especially siblings. :tongue:

1) most of you are being complete ###### bags in that you are completely ragging my sisters, yes I agree, but I asked a question for a specific corps and year, stick to the topic for once instead of being so sorry to get off topic to bash people

2) Yes BS has some cool stuff (saw it on that video on their home page)

3) whatever mod that stumbles across this please shut the thread down, it did not go where I intended it to go.

This may be closed before you answer per your request, but curious if you have bought ATL tickets yet and if your sisters are going?

One thing you may think of doing is looking at scores from the past few years, specifically guard, and taking a look at some of the higher scoring ones. Not that you'll think these were the best/hardest performances, but it may give you a good place to start.

1) most of you are being complete ###### bags in that you are completely ragging my sisters, yes I agree, but I asked a question for a specific corps and year, stick to the topic for once instead of being so sorry to get off topic to bash people

2) Yes BS has some cool stuff (saw it on that video on their home page)

3) whatever mod that stumbles across this please shut the thread down, it did not go where I intended it to go.

Wow.

I finally read your profile and realized that you have never been involved in drum corps.

Watching and advising others is a lot different than doing and advising others. Because then you would know you cannot convince anyone. Drum corps (including guard) is a calling I believe.

Edit

Edited by chadwick

Before this thread gets closed...

Two shows that might work for your sisters.

Blue Devils 2009- Extremely demanding guard book overall (and not just on equipment!). This show demanded a lot from the performers athletically and acrobatically. The movement was incredibly nuanced and challenging. If you're looking for impressive weapon work, this is the show to watch, too. Tons of fast-paced difficult backhanded work and sky high tosses.

Cavaliers 2007- I know that they're all male, but it's definitely still worth showing your sisters. They attempted some very risky exchanges in this show. One of them being across 20 (or 30?) yards, if I remember correctly.

Edited by do.it.up.

Honestly, how can they not be into DCI? WGI is good practice for the winter but DCI is the major leagues, right?

Edited by SFZFAN