Top Posters In This Topic

84.50 BD

80.70 SCV

74.10 Academy

70.25 Pacific Crest

68.10 Mandarins

72.15 Gold

69.90 Revolution

Thanks to our tweeters on the west coast and BDGuardsman.

Great show...now get some sleep! :tongue:

Wow. If we play strictly by tonight's numbers, SCV has Boston & BK breathing down their necks.

The show's got legs, but they really got to clean this sucker if they want to see their numbers go up.

The show's got legs, but they really got to clean this sucker if they want to see their numbers go up.

Definitely going to be interesting the next few weeks when everyone starts mixing together!

WP

I love the Riverside show! Always full of die-hard, respectful drum corps fans.

My opinions stand pretty much the same from last night at Americafest. Though, the venues really made a difference. Yesterday, BD was loud, but tonight they seemed just overwhelmingly loud and had a few people covering their ears at the hit

of "La Suerte" in the opener. Their closer is killing me, though. I can't wait for them to scrap this version for a more exciting, complete ending worthy of a 14th ring.

SCV's closer was a bit cleaner tonight. However, that spread between BD and SCV is well-deserved, and I honestly don't see SCV catching them. I believe SCV's strongest offering right now is their fantastic guard.

It was nice to see Academy's show again without the crowd doing the wave. They have a much more mature sound than I've ever heard from them.

SCV's closer was a bit cleaner tonight. However, that spread between BD and SCV is well-deserved, and I honestly don't see SCV catching them. I believe SCV's strongest offering right now is their fantastic guard.

I'm always fascinated by the DRASTICALLY different opinions showcased on these forums. I just got through reading a thread in which a dozen people said SCV's guard is going to keep them out of the top 5 and that their hornline is their strength.

/popcorn

Edited by scvjesse

I love the Riverside show! Always full of die-hard, respectful drum corps fans.

My opinions stand pretty much the same from last night at Americafest. Though, the venues really made a difference. Yesterday, BD was loud, but tonight they seemed just overwhelmingly loud and had a few people covering their ears at the hit

of "La Suerte" in the opener. Their closer is killing me, though. I can't wait for them to scrap this version for a more exciting, complete ending worthy of a 14th ring.

It was nice to see Academy's show again without the crowd doing the wave. They have a much more mature sound than I've ever heard from them.

SCV's hornline plays fantastically, it's really a shame that their brass book doesn't really give them much time to do so, at a volume and length in which is impressive.

Academy is LOUD. and the horn sound is definitely the reason to love them this year. They just blow your face off with sound. In the opener. :tongue: