2010 DCI Ratings

BK's score has been rising fast, but in the absence of any real competition. They've gone up over 10 points since June 25. That's almost a point per day, which is very unusual. So, they might be a bit overscored right now

SCV, otoh, may be a bit underscored. Their trend puts them around 82. They've only gone up 5 points since June 25. My guess is that SCV is still finishing their show and could improve dramatically once they get comfortable with it.

In any case, it looks like BK, BAC, Bluestars, PR and SCV are all in roughly the same grouping. We won't know how they really stack up until they go head to head.

Odds are that SCV and PR will be in the 6 and 7 slots, with BAC and Bluestars right behind in 8 and 9. I expect BK to be around 10th.

And watch out for Madison. If their guard is for real, it will boost all their visual numbers and make them a strong challenger for 10th.

But I could be wrong.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well tonight will help tie in the east and midwest groupings, and then on friday when Cadets See SCV and BK that will help tie in the west. So based on the spreads between Cadets and Cavies you can logically rank the corps after friday.

And doing it well!! Your poll has always been the most credible for sure. Couldn't you have done a poll after Semi's in '90 that would have had BK beating Dutch Boy to make their first finals.... :thumbdown: I guess that would've altered history as our corps song came from that night. The corps as M. Arnold told us heard the cheer go up from Dutchboy in the stadium and the corps knew they had just missed out. They started singing I Go On, which was their ballad that year and it stuck. I always think of the work the corps did from the mid 80's to 90 to get them to contention for finals. I believe Mark came to the corps in '84? May be off on the year, but his influence and those kids who came back year after year had their body of work pay off. I know it's a little off topic, but that's what I feel the newest proposal (g7) has forgotten. The history and dilligence corps have to have to come from the lower depths of competition to become a finalists and the joy it creates. Certainly those young folks in BK during he late 80 and early 90's was one of the main reasons the corps has had consistency over the years! Way off topic I know, but still pretty cool stuff.

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

I was one of those cheering. We had thought for certain after missing 12th so close for 2 years prior, it would just kill us to have the same thing happen a 3rd time, especially after throwing down at J. Birney Crum the week before.

When we saw the score go up and knew we were in - I celebrated for about 10 seconds....and turned around and surprisingly saw my mother standing there. She watched our show and I had no idea she was attending. Probably one of the greatest moments of my life, right up there with my wedding and birth of each of my 3 kids.

Here's hoping Dutch can climb back onboard next year. BK has definitely won the war as far as progress and longevity. Dutch Boy sadly, slowly went downhill after that golden year.

Anyway - don't let that setback bother you guys so much - BK is much better for it now, awesome talented corps and you deserve your shot at the top someday.

Edited by radiosteele

It should be interesting to see what happens when BK and Troop are judged by a full panel for the first time in over a week..............................hopefully they can keep their current pace up............. :thumbdown:

BK and Troopers are not comparable...FTroop not gonna make finals; Blue Knights may be the surprise story of the season...

cg

SCV - 10th...LOCK THE DOOR, and THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!

I think there is a pretty clear separation between the top 3 (Crown, Cadets and BD) and 4th place (Bluecoats).

Bluecoats are having a great year. I just think there is a bit of a separation there.

The is also a pretty big gap between 12th and 13th right now. Some serious ground is going to need to be made up if The Academy, Troopers, etc want to make finals. Which bodes well for Glassmen and Scouts.

Now that we're more than a couple weeks into the season, I've unveiled my ratings page for the first time this year. Going into about my 10th year doing this, there have been no changes to the formula this year, so I'm still looking at summer-long trends, highest score to date and previous week's average (or last three shows if none during the past week). The full ratings can be seen at http://spirit95gt.tripod.com/ratings.html

Here is a sample:

World Class

1 The Cadets 85.435

2 Blue Devils 85.185

3 Carolina Crown 85.025

4 Bluecoats 84.031

5 The Cavaliers 83.303

6 Phantom Regiment 82.349

7 Boston Crusaders 81.670

8 Blue Knights 81.424

9 Santa Clara Vanguard 81.144

10 Blue Stars 80.436

11 Madison Scouts 77.659

12 Glassmen 77.599

Open Class

1 Blue Devils B 79.430

2 Vanguard Cadets 76.862

3 Gold 72.461

4 Spartans 70.800

5 Oregon Crusaders 70.543

6 Impulse 70.256

7 Revolution 69.281

8 Colt Cadets 67.226

9 Raiders 66.700

10 7th Regiment 65.958

11 Legends 64.756

12 Racine Scouts 63.315

I think there is a pretty clear separation between the top 3 (Crown, Cadets and BD) and 4th place (Bluecoats).

Bluecoats are having a great year. I just think there is a bit of a separation there.

The is also a pretty big gap between 12th and 13th right now. Some serious ground is going to need to be made up if The Academy, Troopers, etc want to make finals. Which bodes well for Glassmen and Scouts.

well until last night and the weird ensemble music score the coats got, they were less than a point (.9, .6, & .3) behind Crown at their last three shows.

Last night for some reason Blue's ensemble music score dropped by over a point even though they won drums and were .2 back in brass. This accounts for the majority of the 1.4 gap between Coats and Crown at last nights show.

We'll see if that ensemble music score holds or corrects tomorrow night in Akron.

Edited by bluecoats88

SCV - 10th...LOCK THE DOOR, and THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!

I think there will be a lot of surprises this year. right now you have 9 west corps and 3 east corps in the top 12 and you might have 3 east corps in the top 5.

I think there will be a lot of surprises this year. right now you have 9 west corps and 3 east corps in the top 12 and you might have 3 east corps in the top 5.

9 West corps? I didn't even know there were 9 west corps anymore.

BD

BK

SCV

Troop

Academy

Who else are you considering for the top 12 as west?