BD organization in jeopardy

Actually no...he was appealing to his ALUMNI base via the BLUE DEVILS discussion board....it was not David Gibbs who started this thread on a completely separate board. At least get THAT right.

OK, (good golly!) here's what he said, directly from the BD post:

"I have an important request for all of the members, parents, alumni, supporters and fans of The Concord Blue Devils."

Stop being a hater with such vitriol, Mr. S.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually no...he was appealing to his ALUMNI base via the BLUE DEVILS discussion board....it was not David Gibbs who started this thread on a completely separate board. At least get THAT right.

Now that we've straightened that out what else have I not gotten right? Please tell.

And still I ask, did I say anything UNTRUE?

Ya' know, Soccerguy and I don't agree on this point (I'm right, he's wrong :tongue: ), but I give him a great amount of credit for not crumbling under the onslaught here.

I'm looking at this from the irony perspective (BD's fight with the city is a legal one, and they sure don't need my input there).

Even my sense or irony is attacked at vitriolic here.

Rough crowd!

garfield...

it is blatantly obvious that your are not a member, parent, alumni, supporter, or fan of the Blue Devils. therefore, Mr. Gibbs was not appealing to you. go spew your misery else where. please and thank you.

OK, (good golly!) here's what he said, directly from the BD post:

"I have an important request for all of the members, parents, alumni, supporters and fans of The Concord Blue Devils."

To restate slowly so you can understand...

As...posted...originally...the...BLUE...DEVILS...board...and...reposted...here..

.by...someone...who...is...NOT...David...Gibbs.

Go back to the beginning of THIS thread on THIS board and note who STARTED it.

This is not a 2 dozen plus page on the BD board....only here.

garfield...

it is blatantly obvious that your are not a member, parent, alumni, supporter, or fan of the Blue Devils. therefore, Mr. Gibbs was not appealing to you. go spew your misery else where. please and thank you.

You have no basis for claiming the obvious, and you have no basis for claiming I'm not among the list of people to whom Mr. Gibbs was appealing.

Misery? Hmmm... I'm hardly miserable (of course, you have no basis for knowing that, either).

Answer please: Did I say anything UNTRUE?

You have no basis for claiming the obvious, and you have no basis for claiming I'm not among the list of people to whom Mr. Gibbs was appealing.

Misery? Hmmm... I'm hardly miserable (of course, you have no basis for knowing that, either).

Answer please: Did I say anything UNTRUE?

i'll get back to you on that once i have time to go read the entire thread. some of us have real lives that exist outside of the internet.

The level of vitriol being directed at ANY corps in this thread is, frankly, disgusting....doesn't matter if it's BD or not. :tongue:

Even at my worst when discussing Cadets 07 I was not REMOTELY this bad...some of you people really need to take a close look at yourselves and your behavior.

Sure it was. Cadets always get it the worst. This isn't BD bashing going on here, it's Gibbs bashing..... I think, anyway

To restate slowly so you can understand...

As...posted...originally...the...BLUE...DEVILS...board...and...reposted...here..

.by...someone...who...is...NOT...David...Gibbs.

Go back to the beginning of THIS thread on THIS board and note who STARTED it.

This is not a 2 dozen plus page on the BD board....only here.

OK, Sam, can we get beyond this, please? Here's what the OP typed:

"This was posted on the BD forum today by Dave Gibbs about the threat to the Blue Devils bingo operation, putting at risk the primary fund raising source for the organization."

Then he posted a link to the BD discussion board where Mr. Gibbs' appeal was reproduced.

Here: http://bluedevils.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18254

The opening line of that appeal is this:

I suggested he was appealing to his "fan base", and correctly assuming that members, parent, alumni, and supporters are among his "fan base".

You attempted to correct me that he was appealing to his ALUMNI base (for the life of me I don't understand the importance of the point, but Oh Well).

I pointed out all the above, and you attempted to belittle me with a condescending reply that suggested I have a problem understanding. I don't have any understanding problems (so feel free to type as fast as you can!).

What I disagree with is your contention that he was appealing to his "ALUMNI" base when clearly he was appealing to his larger fan base than just alumni.

Now please, Sam, tell me why this topic is important to the discussion?

And while your at it, please answer: Did I say anything UNTRUE?