Drums Along the Rockies

Oh I don't mean to sell short '96. I am so proud to have marched that year, and it is my fondest memory of marching!

I'm just jelous of how they sound!!! The sound they put out makes me wish I'd been a Contra player, or a Euphonium player, maybe a Trumpeteer other than just a Mello... To take a page out of baseball, their sound is just filthy (the good kind of filth like when a pitcher throws an unhittable ball that makes a batter look stupid...)!

I'm proud of my years in the Corps, all the alums past and present, and I'm so very proud of the kids marching this year representin all of us so very well!!

Robb

BK Mello '96 '97

I hear you my man, it's remarkable for them to be doing as well as they are and it's only July 9th, skies the limit....

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump--- Show Day, Regional Day!!! BD vs. Cadets, BK vs. SCV again, Colts, Troopers closing in on Glassmen! Lots of great drum corps to be seen tonight in Denver. Wish I could be there live, but will have to settle for FN, GO BK! HOME SHOW BABY, DO IT UP!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Really, REALLY, hoping that it is super close between Cadets and Blue Devils. I don't want this year to be a runaway for anyone given how exciting it has been to this point.

I can remember when the Denver Show used to have a lot more corps than this.

Yeah and in the current format with finals in Indy I think less corps are going to the West period. But with that said, it might be smaller than it was back in the day, but man the quality is incredible!

Wes P

I can remember when the Denver Show used to have a lot more corps than this.

Yep, me too. I think it was 1983 where we had Hollywood Knights, Blue Knights, Emerald Knights, Black Knights and Nighthawks ALL at the same show. (Along with BD, SCV, Troopers, Skyryders.... and I'm sure there were more that have slipped my mind!)

No predictions from me, just good memories of DATR as a former marching member and staffer and a few other times as a fan. DATR in Denver is one of the best shows of the year!!!!!! Wish I was there!

Really, REALLY, hoping that it is super close between Cadets and Blue Devils. I don't want this year to be a runaway for anyone given how exciting it has been to this point.

I'm hoping Cadets (dare I say it) BEAT BD. One can only hope. :tongue: