Wonderful Drum Corps Feature on La Crosse TV

Great piece on the blue stars! Good luck guys!! You guys were great at cedarburg!

THANKS for posting this!

GREAT piece.

I'm going to refer this to some of my non-drum corps friendsco-workers so they can see a great corps in action.

Best of luck BLUE STARS!

Safe travels.......

Edited by rkfdPRphan

Thanks - La Crosse is really getting behind their corps.

They get a mention in the paper almost every day through the season.

Go BLUE STARS!

Wish there were other communities that put out as much coverage!

That was a really awesome report. They even had enough of the show and the right moments of the show to spotlight the big brass sound so you know it isn't just a normal HS marching band.

I liked how they showed each section and then brought it all together at the end with the whole package. You even got the idea that the reporter spent enought time with the group to not sound completely misinformed. That's pretty unusual. :tongue: Reporters on these types of stories usually sound like morons to anyone that some inside information on what they are reporting on. :tongue:

Email sent .. and I would encourage you all to do the same!

"I would like to take this opportunity as a member of the drum and bugle corps community to thank you personally for your impeccable coverage of the Blue Stars drum and bugle corps. Without question, this is the best coverage I've ever seen of our activity.

While I'm not involved with the Blue Stars organization, I can't tell you how important it is that you have taken up such an effort to support this activity in your local community. It warms my heart to see a strong involvement with this important youth activity.

Please note that there is a huge regional in your back yard coming up this weekend. July 17th in Minneapolis MN will feature the Blue Stars, 18 of the worlds top World Class corps, 3 Open Class corps and 2 All Age drum and bugle corps from Minnesota. This is the first regional of the season and will be the first head to head meeting of the majority of World Class corps of the season. It will be a true measure of the Blue Stars success thus far in the season (there are 8 weeks until the World Championships).

It is my hope that you continue your incredible coverage of this activity and the Blue Stars as the summer progresses. Thanks again for all of your hard work and support of drum corps and the youth who are involved in this life changing activity.

• Like 1