Naperville IL

Well there's no real need to update any Twitter posts now I suppose since they're all going to be the same, so and so is setting up for their standstill. Who knows, I'll keep an eye on it and if anything interesting pops up I'll pass it along.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really? when did that ever happen? :tongue:

Shirley, you jest :) I recall being huddled like a sardine in the stairwell with The Old Man and various corps members in '08 while tornado sirens howled after miraculously working our way down from Press Box area in a rain I coulda' sailed my boat in! And we literally had several gallons of water INSIDE the snares and basses which had to get drained before packing.

BurlG: Not the best backup plan. No bleachers & everyone crowded together on the floor. #dci #naperville http://twitpic.com/24jj3i

But, HUGE opportunity to a get an awesome audio recording of the corps inside that fieldhouse setting ! Hope Cavies or Crown doesn't blow the roof off tho :)

edit addition: well, come to think of it, the PIT couldn't or didn't setup last time a standstill was propositioned during a show storm due to space, electricity and potential damage/safety of moving the equipment in-out of the fieldhouse and distance to trucks. Soooo, recordings wouldn't be all that representative I guess.

edit addition 2: Well, PIT's are evidently indeed particpating in standstill based on TwitterPic update by someone from Pioneer whom is setting up.

Edited by parkbench

I watched the show in Kalamazoo last night and felt, after Blue Stars, that everyone else seemed to be moving in slow motion. PR's and Boston's shows seem so easy this year. There are long periods of time where they do not move at all. There are other times where they take a box, move it forward, make it into another box, move it back. I still cannot understand how they are getting those big GE Vis numbers when they don't do anything, and everything is at 120 bpm or slower!! What happened to the days of lightning fast drill and sixteenth and thirty-second note pssages in the music? Seems BS (particularly their mello line) are the only ones doing that this year. Did everyone else decide that SCV's success of last year with a simplistic, safe show is the way to go?

The Blue Stars not only have issues with their visual show... but percussion as well. Phantom buried Blue Stars in percussion. Boston beat Blue Stars in percussion pretty handily last nite as well. There's time to clean however.

Edited by BRASSO

The Blue Stars not only have issues with their visual show... but percussion as well. Phantom buried Blue Stars in percussion. Boston beat Blue Stars in percussion pretty handily last nite as well. There's time to clean however.

I'm really surprised at that with Aungst being at the helm and all. Must be the talent level.