Why Blue Devils Win

many corps have "haters",,,,but I don't see the BD folks speaking out against them. In fact, a few years ago, when Cadets were at their most controversial, I remember more than a few BD diehards taking swipes at them...especially after Hashgate.

Why are many people asking them to change? Be3cause we want to like them, and they continue to bore us. Just like a few years ago a ton of people spoke out against the Cadets and their show choices. if you don't believe me, go research the history of DCP.

and for me...I was a HUGE BD fan. hell if i lose enough weight ( down 50, about 30 more to go) I have about 6 BD shirts I'd gladly wearin public again. I'd gladly start buying their stuff again. But right now, I feel no need to

Jeff, Let's just put the hater stuff away, they exist but you aren't one..period.

Now, IMHO BD 2010 is the WOW show of the year. The one I feel that even other top tier corps will watch and say "that's some pretty cool ####". So, it's different and it's good. As I've said there are many other corps on the tour that more than likely float your bubble, so all is not lost. But let's face it, BD is on a tear...beyond even their closest fans expectations. Year after year (particularly since 07), creativity beyond the pale. They're in the zone and firing on all cylinders.

So.......what's the problem? Here's the problem: If BD was hanging around the 3rd-6th place range in scoring, all the detractors would be fine, and God would be in his Heaven. BD would be getting their rightful punishment for not playing, sounding and moving like you want. But that's not the case. So the detractors realign their brains to make reason out of it, so they don't implode :tongue: . CI this, stupid judges that, easy drill, choppy charts, lots of props, fill in the blank. They simply can't abide the fact that BD is doing things they don't like and are on top. That's all this is about.

P.S. Good for you on the 50 lbs. and maybe some day you'll trot out the old BD T-shirts...until then, just get a XL Blooooo T-shirt and enjoy the show.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well some people seem to think I'm a hater because I dared voice displeasure in BD's show. go look it up.

and you may feel it's the WOW show of the year, right now I feel 5 other shows are in the running for that title. Sure they are clean....if clean was the only objective for getting fans in, the by all means DCI should be selling out every venue...yet in a certain plan that went public, even BD's diurector said they aren't. oops.

and thanks on the weight gain, but if they keep going like this, the old BD shirts will just become large rags for housecleaning

Jeff, Let's just put the hater stuff away, they exist but you aren't one..period.

Now, IMHO BD 2010 is the WOW show of the year. The one I feel that even other top tier corps will watch and say "that's some pretty cool ####". So, it's different and it's good. As I've said there are many other corps on the tour that more than likely float your bubble, so all is not lost. But let's face it, BD is on a tear...beyond even their closest fans expectations. Year after year (particularly since 07), creativity beyond the pale. They're in the zone and firing on all cylinders.

So.......what's the problem? Here's the problem: If BD was hanging around the 3rd-6th place range in scoring, all the detractors would be fine, and God would be in his Heaven. BD would be getting their rightful punishment for not playing, sounding and moving like you want. But that's not the case. So the detractors realign their brains to make reason out of it, so they don't implode :ph34r: . CI this, stupid judges that, easy drill, choppy charts, lots of props, fill in the blank. They simply can't abide the fact that BD is doing things they don't like and are on top. That's all this is about.

P.S. Good for you on the 50 lbs. and maybe some day you'll trot out the old BD T-shirts...until then, just get a XL Blooooo T-shirt and enjoy the show.