Crowns new ending

Why do so many corps need to change their endings? You would imagine over time, more focus could be put in over design sessions, as changing 90 seconds of a closer and subsequent cleaning takes away from other parts of the show. I understand the need for changes and updates, but why to completely rewriting the ending for so many groups?

If they are looking to "hide" a cool effect until midseason, i'm not sure that really helps anymore. After a week or so everyone will have seen the changes, and it may be dirtier than the original closer had they designed it well in the first place.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolness, and on an online video, I heard a bit of Rach 2 in Crown's show. Sweetness.

Totally sweet; bit of a tease though. If only they could give Rach 2 a second chance or a least 2 more bars of music.. ;-)

Could be a cool effect...especially if they slip in a Victor Borge reference. :tongue:

Reminds me of Carolina Thunder indoor drumline's last show, where they played (and marched) Overture to Candide backwards, then forwards.

I heard that show - the backwards part was entertaining for about 10 seconds, interesting for about 10 more, and a complete mess for the next 3 minutes.

Mike

like the Beatles myth, will we find a hidden message on the CD when Crown plays it backwards ?
"The G7 buried Paul."

Why do so many corps need to change their endings? You would imagine over time, more focus could be put in over design sessions, as changing 90 seconds of a closer and subsequent cleaning takes away from other parts of the show. I understand the need for changes and updates, but why to completely rewriting the ending for so many groups?

If they are looking to "hide" a cool effect until midseason, i'm not sure that really helps anymore. After a week or so everyone will have seen the changes, and it may be dirtier than the original closer had they designed it well in the first place.

Why?

Because a corp needs that little something to get the edge the last days at Finals!

There will be at least 4 corps (maybe more!) within 0.5 of each other those last 3 nights.

Throw in a Finals rewrite of an ending and the corp might get a couple tenths (or thousandths) and

WIN.

I've seen sure winners loose by a couple tenths due to a last night change and I've seen leaders spend time cleaning and slowly go down in the standings.

Scoring seems to be all about presentation, so saving the 'best for last' seems to make the difference.

Go gettim' Carolina! I want to see you up there in the Finals!!!!