Fairfax (VA) Fiesta!

Is this the new DCI scoring rubric? Placement according to length of corps name?

Absolutely hilarious!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Blue Devils 96.350

2 Blue Stars 90.950

3 Glassmen 86.650

4 Colts 84.750

5 The Academy 83.050

6 Crossmen 80.900

7 Jersey Surf 74.250

8 Cascades 72.850

Almost 2 point jump from last night..really? hmmmm

Just got back from the show. It was a very well run show. The organizers announced the rain delay just prior to the storm arriving, and kept everyone informed of the timing situation. After some time in the large field house, the show resumed without a hitch (or an intermission). Great job show organizers! Parking was also free, how many places still do that?!

also got back from the show (my neighborhood didn't have power though, wtf)... rain delay was announced before the rain actually started, so they kept Crossmen off the field. Basically there was a rain delay instead of an intermission. Parts (/all of) of Surf, Crossmen, Colts, and Blue Stars were in the field house (edit: I mean the members were chillin in there with the fans, was actually nice for me as I got to visit with a few people that I wouldn't have otherwise).

really enjoyed the show. The stands seemed quite full from what I could tell (I was sitting side 2, 33-ish yard line, top row)

and Blue Stars... your show was awesome.

Also, the dude with the UK flag was there. Awesome.

Edited by soccerguy315

I was right up against the fence by the track on the 45 for Blue Stars...wow...Fantastic!!!! A well-deserved 90 tonight.

This was my first viewing of Glassmen and Colts this season, and they were also great. Nice improvements for Surf and Crossmen from when I saw them in Chambersburg. Tonight was also my first ever live viewing of Academy and my first time seeing BD in person since '06 Finals. Nice shows by those two corps.

Edited by Latrobe's Finest

Blue Stars show was cool. Lots of crowd/bando-friendly moments, and the horn line is loud.

First time seeing BD's show live. Watched them rehearse today as well.

They're good. Very good. Definitely cleaner than anyone else, and they sell the #### out of their show. That said, there are moments in it where there's just too much going on, both musically and visually, and everything gets muddled. That's not to say that anything they're doing is made, and sometimes simultaneous movement is good, but at some point it just becomes clutter, which I think happens sometimes.

That said, the end of their show is freaking bad***. Whole horn line jazz running while playing ff. Excellent.

Oh, and a baritone came in really early and really loudly during the isolated stabs in the opener after they face the mirrors in the two arcs. Most of the crowd was dumb so they didn't notice, but it was baaaaaaaad.

Thanks to MANY (Mid-Atlantic Arts Network for Youth) for a wonderfully run show. Top Notch!

I was right up against the fence by the track on the 45 for Blue Stars...wow...Fantastic!!!! A well-deserved 90 tonight.

This was my first viewing of Glassmen and Colts this season, and they were also great. Nice improvements for Surf and Crossmen from when I saw them in Chambersburg. Tonight was also my first ever live viewing of Academy and my first time seeing BD in person since '06 Finals. Nice shows by those two corps.

Really not tiring to sound pissy but out of the 8 corps at tonights show you only mention 7.....