DCI.org Mobile Website

My DCI iphone app is working fine.

I think the thread is specifically disccussing the DCI.org on mobile browser such as Safari on iPhone.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently looking at tonight's Corona, CA scores on my Droid with both the stock browser as well as the Dolphin HD browser. The scores for tonight's show were the first ones to come up when i hit "Scores". The recap loaded when I hit the "recap" button. Not sure what to tell you.

HELLLOOOOOOO

mobile.drumcorpsplanet.com has scores for DCI and DCA. We do our best to get them posted as soon as they're available. Just open the page in your mobile browser and hit the 'Scores' button.

Works on iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, Palm, and all sorts of mobile browsers.

Check it out.

I think the thread is specifically disccussing the DCI.org on mobile browser such as Safari on iPhone.

Yes, this what I am talking about. As of Thursday, I could see ALL scores and I could also see the recaps. Now I cannot. They redesigned the site. When I go to DCI.org on my phone, I am redirected to "mobile.dci.org" which bears no resemblance to the DCI.org site that I can get on my laptop.

Yes, I could check my laptop, but I don't carry my laptop with me when I am out.

Yes, I could get the DCI app for iPhone, but reviews have said that its functionality is also limited. I don't have iOS 4.0, and I don't want to upgrade. The app isn't compatible with 3.0.

I will email DCI as some have suggested. However, I have emailed DCI on numerous other occasions and have received slow and mediocre results...

Currently looking at tonight's Corona, CA scores on my Droid with both the stock browser as well as the Dolphin HD browser. The scores for tonight's show were the first ones to come up when i hit "Scores". The recap loaded when I hit the "recap" button. Not sure what to tell you.

Glad it works for you and some others. I'm jealous.

Edited by Tommeee

HELLLOOOOOOO

mobile.drumcorpsplanet.com has scores for DCI and DCA. We do our best to get them posted as soon as they're available. Just open the page in your mobile browser and hit the 'Scores' button.

Works on iPhone, Blackberry, Droid, Palm, and all sorts of mobile browsers.

Check it out.

Great, thank you!

Now, why can DCP create a site that makes sense, but DCI cannot??????

Like someone always said: "Don't complain unless you can do it better." :tongue:

See, this saying is crap. I can't play quarterback better than pretty much anyone, but I have watched enough football to know when someone is playing quarterback poorly.

try the blue devils iphone app. i have it on my ipad and it works just fine...

Technology can be very touchy. Depending on phone, web browser, and depending on how DCI has coded for cross-platform browser issues, there are bound to be some problems. Some mobile browsers will cache and store pages, just like our desktop versions do, but this is always problematic if the updating features are using JavaScript or AJAX technologies to push data and update the web information.

In a nutshell, the web is not the most secure or consistent platform going. There are many problems with HTML, XHTML, CSS, Javascript, AJAX, the DOM and more. It's great that DCI is offering these mobile/desktop internet capabilities to all its customers, but do not kid yourself into thinking this is easy to do. I really like their mobile APP for the iPhone, but it does have problems. They will need developers that really understand the Objective-C language to make this more stable, and their mobile web site is a great idea, but not nearly as easy to do as people might think.

Be patient! I can't imagine getting so mad over the inability to get DCI scores or show information. Take a deep breath and call your therapist.