my thoughts on this years top 5

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a Blue Devil would handle this BS situation as follows...

In 1982 a few friends of mine and I were in Allentown and wandering around before warmups. We met some of the guys in the Crossmen's hornline and spent sometime talking... These were really great guys! We talked about many things but as I recall they regailed us with stories of their soloists from was it 1980? Man were these guys good! As I and many of my friends were vets in the corps and had solo responsibilities so we invited them to please come watch us when we went on... They did come and stood right near the FSL and supported us just as we would have loved to do for them except we ALWAYS went on last... So all in all we had a great time and so did they... That is what drum corps is all about...

I notice the OP had affiliations with Crossmen, I hope they are still teaching their people to be decent humans like they used to! What was that Original Post about again again I forget? What a troll :tongue:

whoa, dude. just have fun with it.

It's hard to have fun when people continually bash your corps

Tell it to the Cadets fans before you, and the Cavalier ones before that. It's all cyclical, it's just BD's turn.

And guys, this is drum corps, no need to bet your life on it. I think we all need to take a step back, examine what really, really is important in our lives, take a deep breath, and realize that this stuff really isn't that important. :tongue:

It's hard to have fun when people continually bash your corps

I agree with a lot of negative sentiments about BD this year, but get kind of sad when I see it presented so nastily.

not much you can do about it, though. ignore it or have fun with it. best policy, IMO.

Tell it to the Cadets fans before you, and the Cavalier ones before that. It's all cyclical, it's just BD's turn.

I'm well aware of this. Any chance we can just break the stupid cycle?

not much you can do about it, though. ignore it or have fun with it. best policy, IMO.

Unfortunately, this is probably the only answer to the question :tongue:

My take on this years current top 5 is this:

I like Blue Knights show better than any of their shows.

There, I said it.

Oh, and the Blue Devils....Q-5 is back. Big time!!! holy cow!!! When you have a quad line like that on the field, why would I even care what the horns and guard are doing? They could be applying their Cover Girl in those mirrors for all I care so long as that quad line (see also: that entire percussion section) continues to throw down.

There, I said that, too.

What.

I'm well aware of this. Any chance we can just break the stupid cycle?

Yeah, we can all hope, but until people stop getting jealous of who ever is on top, the stupid cycle will continue.

So a Blue Devil would handle this BS situation as follows...

In 1982 a few friends of mine and I were in Allentown and wandering around before warmups. We met some of the guys in the Crossmen's hornline and spent sometime talking... These were really great guys! We talked about many things but as I recall they regailed us with stories of their soloists from was it 1980? Man were these guys good! As I and many of my friends were vets in the corps and had solo responsibilities so we invited them to please come watch us when we went on... They did come and stood right near the FSL and supported us just as we would have loved to do for them except we ALWAYS went on last... So all in all we had a great time and so did they... That is what drum corps is all about...

I notice the OP had affiliations with Crossmen, I hope they are still teaching their people to be decent humans like they used to! What was that Original Post about again again I forget? What a troll :tongue:

Once again I have the explain the difference between disagreeing with concept, and supporting the kids. Did you even notice that I wrote something about the other 4 corps in the top 5 as well? probably not since I see your affiliation is with BD.

Oh, and the Blue Devils....Q-5 is back. Big time!!! holy cow!!! When you have a quad line like that on the field, why would I even care what the horns and guard are doing? They could be applying their Cover Girl in those mirrors for all I care so long as that quad line (see also: that entire percussion section) continues to throw down.

There, I said that, too.

What.

This.