DCA has let it be known the race for 2nd has begun.

As for the Bucs dominating making drum corps boring, then the others just need to step it up. There are no secrets here. Get great demand, and get great execution, and you get a great score. The Bucs prepare for success in the offseason and dont let up off the gas while everyone else is waiting for June or July to worry about the details. Until someone else does that, were gonna have an obvious #1. Like it or not.

The only score that really matters is the score you receive on the Sunday evening before Labor Day. If any corps thinks it should win DCA 2010, prove it. Get the highest score at Championships. No one cares or will probably remember who won Lewisburg. Reading is certainly beatable... when and by whom is up to the other corps in DCA!!! :cool:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now don't go out here and #### on me but - I was at the show last night and was completely surprised at the spread between the Bucs and the rest of the field. Should the Bucs have won? Yes !! but not by 4 pts. None of the judges have enough back bone to put any of the other Corps over Reading. So again in my opinion another rehashed, reworked, redone junior corps show will win DCA. Polite (or as I like to say) golf applause were given for the Hurcs and the Bucs while Cabs and Empire had standing O's.

I saw it as

Bucs

Empire

Cabs

Hurcs.

And I also saw it with the 2/3/4th place Corps well within reach of Reading.

Again this is my opinion. It makes Drum Corps very boring when the

RACE FOR 2ND IS HERE ON JULY 17TH.

Good luck to all the corps and see you at DCA - I already bought my tickets so I am forced to go.

I could care less about the scoring disparity, my opinion doesn't do squat to change it. I just wanted to comment on your "golf applause/standing O" analysis. I've always cared about crowd reaction more than anything, so I always look to see how everyone else besides the judges take in the show.

From my perspective, Hurcs got the biggest ovation (most people standing up after 5 seconds of the show ending) than anyother corps. Bucs only got the back few rows to stand, and empire about half the crowd (Both of which I was surprised about). Empire definitely got the most applause DURING their show than anyone else though.

Again, just my persepctive of the evening.

Whoa wait.....there's" slotting" in DCA too?? Say it ain't so, Joe!

[/sarcasm]

I haven't seen any corps at ALL this year, so I can't really comment on the Bucs' spread here....but I DO find it rather ironic that people have been #####ing, pissing, and moaning about DCI "slotting" for years and pitching DCA as something pure and unsullied by such things.....

Guess not in some people's eyes, huh?

Classy...its people like you deserve the hate you get :cool:

Why? What he said is correct. The race for EVERY position in this circuit started that day.

Judges "NO BACKBONE"........ ??? I got to watch the show from a top the stands as a spectator. Guess my question would be.... What caption you thought was either Buccaneers weak spot????????????? OR what caption in what corps deserved to be higher. It's very easy to sit in the stand and say "I liked that overall show better" but other than GE (an even that is within caption,, music/visual) the judges look at their caption of the night not the entire show.

I thought it was dead on right down to when someone asked me what I thought the spread would be after hearing the 83.... I said probably about 4... at least an 87.

A lot can change in the weeks of July and August... but for now that one's in the book... GOOD LUCK TO ALL, Enjoy the summer.

d

I wasn't there, so i have no idea other than what the recap says, but Hurcs did tie Bucs in a percussion sub-caption