2010 DCA Finals Predictions

Personally, I don't even know why we bother worrying about seeding scores when "retreat" always goes on last anyway.

I was to a couple shows in the early 70"s when I wished retreat was on first!! Hey..I still have nightmares!!!! :blink: But then I got better....and bitter just kidding!! :tongue:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really INC in 3rd??? Well maybe with that new drummer..... that could help to bump them up a notch or two :blink:

:tongue:

I hear they are killing in drums this year. :mat:

Thank god they got rid of that crazy moody guy who was holding them back. LOL

Thanks Gar ~ I just snarfed Chinese food. :blink:

Personally, I don't even know why we bother worrying about seeding scores when "retreat" always goes on last anyway.

It's just a fun way to pass the time. There were some drastic changes durring 2009 finals. I'm sure 2010 will be the same. :thumbdown:

Thanks Gar ~ I just snarfed Chinese food. :thumbdown:

Got ya lol :smile:

I'll give this one a shot...

Open

1. Buccaneers

2. Hurricanes

3. Mn Brass

4. Statesment

5. Caballeros

6. CorpsVets

7. Alliance

8. Bushwackers

9. Renegades

10. Kidsgrove Scouts

11. Kilties

Class 'A'

1. Grenadiers

2. Govenaires

3. Fusion Corps

4. Carolina Gold

5. Vigillantes

6. White Sabres

7. Sun Devils

8. Socal Dream

9. Excelsior

10. Cincinnati Tradition

11. Hugh Country Brass

12. Shenendoah Sound

I included all corps listed on dcacorps.org as championship competitors... I believe this will be the Bucs 6th straight championship (simply don't believe anyone can touch them with what content they put into their shows. They may not be as entertaining but they are one sr corps who I believe would make top 12 in World Class DCI finals) Empire I think will flatten out towards the end of the season. Does it seem very weird to anyone else not be including Crusaders or Brigadiers?? On the 'A' side of things, I'd really like to see an increase from 4 corps to 6 in finals due to so many prelim competitors... I think this will be the Grenadiers year to win, and will hopefully help them return to open class in the coming season. Don't know enough about the bottom 4 corps to really make an honest guess..

Good luck to all corps and to all of you marching members at championships!

Hey at least get the name of our corps right! It's High Country Brass

Ok, this weekend, is basically half way through the 2010 Season, I know some of this will be tough as some corps have yet to have a show yet, but lets give it your best shot.

OPEN CLASS

Buccaneers

Empire Statesman

Hurricanes

Minnesota Brass

Caballeros

Alliance

Corps Vets

Renegades

Bushwackers

Kilties

CLASS A

Grenadiers

Fusion Core

Govies

Carolina Gold

Vigilantes

Sun Devils

White Sabers

SO WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS......

So in the latest class A scores... Alliance is listed at the top??? Can anyone tell me if I missed some big announcement? Or is this a typo?

No, they are still Open. In fact, based on the appearance of their drumline alone, I think they could make the 35 rule... can anyone say 10 snares?

Andy,,you are a trip,,thats for sure. :smile:

1) Buccaneers

2) Minnesota Brass

2) Empire Statesmen

4) Caballeros

5) Hurricanes

6) Corps Vets

7) Renegades

8) Alliance

9) Kilties

10) Kidsgrove

11) Bushwackers

Just a hunch. :)

Margins? This may be the closest race for the top spot in recent years. Even counting the few points separating the top 3 last year. Bucs, MBI and ES all could take it. The Cabs may also come on strong. Hurcs? Maybe the dark horse. Haven't seen them so I admit I might be wrong there. MBI could take visual or percussion, with Empire topping in horns. Bucs tops in percussion or visual as well.

Actually I'm pretty pleased that the top spots are of such high quality that it could potentially be anybody's game. That's a good thing for DCA and the All-Age corps.

Top 5 seems a lock, but I'd be happier than anyone to be surprised. From what I've seen the Corps Vets are positioned to break into that group but not this year. Their show design is not quite in the same league. Despite the pre-season hype for Alliance, I'm not sure they will be there either. I loved their show last year. But from the observations posted online it looks like they have a dirt problem. But who knows? Cleaning can gain tons of points.

The remainder corps are a total guess. Frankly I'd love it if the Renegades and Kilties surprise everyone. While I'm fond of Bush's recent shows (because they dare to push the envelope!) I don't know if they have it this year.

Anyhow, I'm just throwing this out there. I'm perfectly happy to be wrong, which I'm assuredly will be! :)