2010 DCA Finals Predictions

After i saw Fusion core in Kingston it is going to take a big miricle for any one to beat Fusion core in Rochester. They are getting clean and mean, they must likely be going in with a score in the mid 80,s.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After i saw Fusion core in Kingston it is going to take a big miricle for any one to beat Fusion core in Rochester. They are getting clean and mean, they must likely be going in with a score in the mid 80,s.

Wouldn't be such a bad idea, if you waited until after the last show of the year, prior to prelims before you give away the farm. Two of their biggest competitor did not have a show last week, but do on Saturday, so we will see where it stands after that. The final test will actually be prelims.

Doug

Grenadiers aren't just going to lay down and let anyone take that title easily. They are ranked 4th and haven't had a score since Lawrence, which scores were low relative to the rest of the shows that night. Grenadiers extremely strong percussion can carry them to places and have before.

Fusion Core went head to head with Carolina in Bridgeport and beat them by more than a point.

Fusion Core went head to head with Grenadiers in Masschusetts and beat THEM by more than a point.

Fusion Core went head to head with White Sabers in Kingston and beat THEM by almost TEN points.

The only top corps in the class they HAVEN'T seen is Govies .... who KNOWS what that will bring, but Govies are ALWAYS good.

I'm not saying that Grennies, or anyone else have resigned themselves to second place. I KNOW they're all coming back and will give Fusion a run for their money ... but it DOES look good for Fusion Core

Reading will be an amazing show with FIVE class A competitors going head to head. THAT'S the show to be at!

I dont know why this just hit me now but looking at the rankings and actually seeing the names of the corps, it was a litttle sad to see only 5 corps names that were part of the 70s or early part of DCA,,,On the other hand good to see new growth.......I guess its a good thing new blood arrived. Still a bit sad not to see so many hoousehold names within our community.

I dont know why this just hit me now but looking at the rankings and actually seeing the names of the corps, it was a litttle sad to see only 5 corps names that were part of the 70s or early part of DCA,,,On the other hand good to see new growth.......I guess its a good thing new blood arrived. Still a bit sad not to see so many hoousehold names within our community.

Don't have to go back that far, my checkpoint is the (in)famous 13 corps DCA in 1993. Not even half of those corps will be there this year.

1 Bushwackers 95.40

2 Empire Statesmen 92.90

3 Hawthorne Caballeros 91.70

4 Connecticut Hurricanes 88.60

5 Rochester Crusaders 88.30

6 Westshoremen 87.30

7 New York Skyliners 85.80

8 Minnesota Brass, Inc. 85.40

9 Syracuse Brigadiers 84.80

10 Reading Buccaneers 83.70

11 Les Metropolitains 81.50

12 Capital Brass Ensemble 76.00

13 Chieftains 73.90

Wouldn't be such a bad idea, if you waited until after the last show of the year, prior to prelims before you give away the farm. Two of their biggest competitor did not have a show last week, but do on Saturday, so we will see where it stands after that. The final test will actually be prelims.

Doug

Wouldn't the final test be Finals?

Don't have to go back that far, my checkpoint is the (in)famous 13 corps DCA in 1993. Not even half of those corps will be there this year.

1 Bushwackers 95.40

2 Empire Statesmen 92.90

3 Hawthorne Caballeros 91.70

4 Connecticut Hurricanes 88.60

5 Rochester Crusaders 88.30

6 Westshoremen 87.30

7 New York Skyliners 85.80

8 Minnesota Brass, Inc. 85.40

9 Syracuse Brigadiers 84.80

10 Reading Buccaneers 83.70

11 Les Metropolitains 81.50

12 Capital Brass Ensemble 76.00

13 Chieftains 73.90

Yeah, be I think the shows in this DCA are better... not necessarily more entertaining, but performed at a higher level. Of course, if you are like me, you get entertainment out of seeing groups achieve at a high level.

Yeah, be I think the shows in this DCA are better... not necessarily more entertaining, but performed at a higher level. Of course, if you are like me, you get entertainment out of seeing groups achieve at a high level.

Wasn't comparing better or entertaining. Just thinking of the "body count" of corps over the last few decades. :tongue: Hoping the trend of losing corps (short term or forever) gets smaller and smaller in the future.

Holy Crap just realized Sunrisers were not at 1993 DCA. :thumbup:

Wasn't comparing better or entertaining. Just thinking of the "body count" of corps over the last few decades. :tongue: Hoping the trend of losing corps (short term or forever) gets smaller and smaller in the future.

Holy Crap just realized Sunrisers were not at 1993 DCA. :thumbup:

Yes, but what has been smart is DCA doing something about it. I do not think the trend will change. We will always lose groups... it is what it is. It has nothing to do with DCA and everything to do with the oranizations themselves. Take some of the groups this year, for example. I bet that a couple of them Open Class groups could have competed in Class A, but probably chose not to because they do not want to be seen as a Class A group... not fielding was better, I guess.

With that being said, DCA has done something to fight back by creating the Class A division. Furthermore, they do not require as many shows to be eligable for Championships, which keeps groups from having to travel as much (if they cannot afford to do so). The result has been positive growth, even though we have had casualties along the way.